Some kindly advice please

Depends where you are when you say it

location,location,location :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I feel sorry for the person who originally posted here - having to wade through this lot to find some sensible and kindly advice. Seems anything but kind at the moment. Tough. Since the OP seemed quite polite and quick to say thanks for any help.

1 Like

I think you’ll find advice has already been given. It has been 8 days since the original post and threads do tend to wander, but people are still able to contribute, oh the joys of the forum. :wink:

Mmm - doesn’t make them want to come back though, does it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed ! :woman_shrugging:t3:
:grinning:

2 Likes

On the other hand - question asked, question answered, thank you, end of thread, isn’t great for forum traffic either.
Poor traffic, poor advertising revenue.
Then there is no forum to go to for advice when you need it.

1 Like

I love threads that wander they’re much more interesting and anyone can always go back to the original topic at anytime, if they so wish.

1 Like

goodnatured wandering can weave a wonderful tapestry…

1 Like

So do you live in the UK?

I’m guessing he’s a bored old man living in Devon who voted to Leave.

2 Likes

I’ve just become a UK pensioner, applied for and received my S1.

To take advantage of the terms in the WA you need to start your residency before the end of the transition period. So starting your residency in France as soon as possible seems to be the right thing to do.

However, the French are still “kicking the can down the road” so getting official confirmation of your right to reside, whether initial or permanent, may take some time.

Are they?
On another thread, it transpires that everyone who applied online for a CdS last year has this afternoon received an email from the ministry of the interior explaining exactly what’s happening. Very prompt and efficient and reassuring, I thought.

3 Likes

Not sure France could have done things much quicker, the WA was only signed off last week yet we’ve already received emails saying everything’s in hand and we’ll be contacted again in due course.

2 Likes

Good comment Stella… so sad that there are so many disagreements on this subject.
It’s actually disturbing for me reading the comments on our country and it’s decisions.
Whatever happens it’s our home, most of us born there. Obviously did not could not vote in the referendum.
I don’t see the point of nasty comments, will things change ? Why can’t some people on this site be more courteous to each other? Respect and accept.
So much nicer.
It’s a shame because it really is a brilliant site otherwise.
Be nice to each other… makes much more interesting reading.
Just had to write this down. Apologies if I offend anyone.
Hugs :hugs:

10 Likes