Some kindly advice please

@Martin_McGowan-Scanl

Hi Martin… I notice that you’ve not posted for years… but now that you are back among us, please try and remain friendly to other forum members.

cheers

4 Likes

Oh dear. You are so right!! It was 26 years since it came into force and a bit and will be 28 years since it was signed on 7th Feb. So you are WRONG. Oh dear. Pedantic or what

1 Like

Pedantic is my middle name😀
But also, pig sick of folks standing up and stating incorrect facts for public consumption. If you’re not sure check it, if you can’t be bothered checking it shut up and don’t pretend you know.
EDIT - when I say ‘you’ I don’t specifically mean you Martin. I mean UK politicians, journalists, whomsoever the cap fits.

1 Like

Please stop this…

1 Like

Have always been here but not sufficiently moved to post until now. Not sure why you think I am unfriendly. I think use of childish terms like Brexshite is silly and was challenged with a “ fact check” by someone who then got their facts wrong.
If that makes me unfriendly so be it

You are being unfriendly, so please do not post in such a manner again…

cheers

1 Like

Still not sure what fact I got wrong - are you saying that I shouldn’t say 28 years because it is actually still 6 days short of 28 years? Now THAT is pedantic :wink:

1 Like

But your”facts” were also incorrect. I merely made a mistake in the difference between signed and implemented. If you are going to be pedantic you really ought to get your facts right too. Good luck

Martin you are obviously just here to troll I suggest you take your ball an play in someone elses yard

1 Like

Aah the thought police. What you mean is that you don’t agree with what I have said therefore I must not say it. Got it

1 Like

But you still haven’t explained which of my facts was incorrect.
I don’t think you can reasonably argue that me failing to realise that when you wrote “signed” you meant “implemented”, is me getting my facts wrong?

I agree but it is still as wrong as you accused me of being. If you seek to live by the sword…

I give up.
I’m never going to find out which fact Martin thinks is wrong, or alternatvely why he thinks a correct fact is as wrong as an incorrect one, am I.

1 Like

:joy::joy: As I said I don’t agree with the doom and gloomers so therefore I am somehow a troll. Does make me laugh

You said it was signed 28 years ago when in fact it was signed 27 years ago. As in accurate as my 26 years!!

I have just responded. Sorry it was not instantaneous. I shall try harder in future

Where’s ‘here’ and where’s ‘there’ ?

O…kay.
So it was signed 27 years 359 days ago (or thereabouts, I’m not going to try and work the leap years out). I called that 28 years which it is, all but about six days (well five and a half days now), you call it 27 years which I suppose is fair enough although it’s a lot nearer 28 than 27, and also you say that being adrift by five and a half days is as inaccurate as being adrift by 724 days (or whatever ,I’m crap at maths, happy to admit that).
Glad we got that sorted :heart_eyes:

I still want to know what ‘there’ and ‘here’ actually refer to.

1 Like

They seek him here
They seek him there…

it’s that Demned Elusive Pimpernel :grin:

1 Like