Song for Dominic Cummings

Bugger, @cat beat me to it!

@anon57427786 hits the spot with his comment:

In France, I think the rules were more clearly defined and (other than perhaps Parisiens - who are often a law unto themselves anyway) compliance was generally high. Those who broke the rules were dealt with even handedly and without exception as far as I know.
But in the UK, the situation was muddled at best and disturbing to horrified expats here who were concerned for the safety of loved ones remaining in the UK with constant U turns on policy and a general feeling that the executive were lying through their back teeth to the public at large.
I think that might go some way to help explain why people are incensed at your position on Cummings.
There are some on this forum who have moved on but the underlying concern about the incredulity of the actions of Cummings remains.

It’s interesting what a little bit of digging can unearth…

4 Likes

Interesting Graham - this should be widely shared.
Personally. I’ve never been a ‘lockdown hawk’ and think such regulations always need some flexibility around particular circumstances - although I also think those involved in making the rules should set an unimpeachable example, or resign.
But it’s the duplicity and mendacity of Cummings and Johnson that, for me, is the more serious offense - the fact that they refused to respond despite repeated requests by the journalists that broke the story - hoping, no doubt. to conceal what actually happened - Cummings’ obvious and laughable lie that he did a 60-mile round trip with his family to test his eyes - there are many more examples - and now this.

1 Like

The problem is that all of these alt right people in and influencing government will affect our pensions and the attitude they take to Europe, even after the UK has left the EU.
I listened tothe Profile of Suella Braverman on Radio 4 this morning, she is the present Attorney General. Her stated aim is to overturn the ruling of the Supreme Court against BoJo’s illegal proroguing of Parliament. She was the legal advisor to the ERG group and is MP for Fareham, an extremely prosperous Hampshire town which always voted Tory come what may. She is being criticised by Lord Faulkener, the Shadow attorney General for giving an opinion on the DC case, that he did not break the law, which is not her position to take. Dangerous woman.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Keir Starmer will have BoJo in his sights again on Monday.
I have heard Parliament is not going to continue as at present with ‘virtual’ MP’s present and voting.
Voting will be restricted to those MP’s actually in the Chamber, 50.
It was brought home to me by an interview given by the Shadow Minister for the Disabled, who is at present shielding, that she will no longer be able to continue to be a spokesperson for the disabled in this very difficult time for them.
Atrocious.

2 Likes

I think that about says it all, although no mentikon was made of her wish to overturn the Supreme court’s ruling against BoJo’s proroguing of Parliament.
She is indeed a dangerous career minded woman in the wsrong job.

Shameful. Another so called “world beating” acclamation dumped in Doris’ toilet.
How’s that going to work? Will tory back benchers take to the opposition benches before prayers to reserve their seat to exclude the opposition? And how will it work with only 50 MPs voting (if 25 from each side presumably)? Wil they threaten poor Lindsey Hoyle with simlar treatment as John Bercow when he steps down if he doesn’t set his casting vote on the Tory agenda? Diabolical and dictatorial.

1 Like

of Braverman:

as indeed is her dishonerable friend Pritti Patel.
The Conservatives have had some really accomplished Attorney Generals - even Geoffrey Cox for all his Rumpolian theatrics was a lawyer of some note but what has this idiot achieved? IIRC she’s not even a “silk” so Doris was really scraping the barrel when he (or was it Cummings) appointed her :roll_eyes:
and whilst we’re at it:

I have sent this to my MP’s Westminster Office, as she is on maternity leave at the moment.
They have received over 2,000 e-mails re Cummings and that was a few days ago!

What’s the point of having someone deputise for you if no-one takes a blind bit of notice of the deputy’s authority? (even if the deputy is a dipstick)

No more dangerous, or as dangerous as the likes of Swinson, Abbott, Dandy etc.

Really? Can you explain?

Well imagine if Abbott had become Home secretary, she can only give car crash interviews, has a criminal son (drugs, Assault) she cannot add 2 and 2 together and generally talks a load of crap. Swinson lives in a totally different world, ( her addition was she would be the next PM with 11 Candidates, she would revoke Article 50 and all the other dreams. Dandy is an outright Momentum nut job.
I would welcome more women politicians if they had the stamina and go get approach that Julia Gillard had but unfortunately there isnt many of those about.

Are you talking Lisa Nandy here? image
She’s a Manchester lass so not all bad :wink:

yup, thats the one. My mistake with the spelling. Her political views and aspirations (or rather those that she has been brainwashed with) are her let down, not because she is a Mancunian

I suppose one could say she’s all fine and dandy :grin:

1 Like

On the Road to Wigan Pier?