Song for Dominic Cummings

made for the jobimage

1 Like

Likely both… :frowning:

1 Like

BoJo is appearing before the Parliamentary Liaison Committee, who will, undoubtedly, give him a hard time as he has avoided appearing before them for some time.
It is all mounting up.

He doesn’t need to. He has the absolute support of Johnson. It’s not that he’s indispensable (no one is), more that he is untouchable.
I liked the song. One of the things I love about living in these ? times is the way it inspires people to wit and humour. Also, chapeau for finding a rhyme with “economy”.

Gove apparently tested his eyesight by driving.
What do they think this is? McGoo land?
The blind leading the blind?
Will there be an increase in RTIs as everyone saves on optical appointments?

4 Likes

Anyone with UK TV seen the confused.com advert? Reminds me of Cummings.

I can’t believe anyone would write that let alone actually believe it.
This man admits to driving a considerable distance with suspect vision with his wife and infant in the car with him to check out whether he could see well enough to drive back to London from Durham.
That is abhorrent and shameful (besides being highly questionable in terms of judgement) putting other members of society at risk of injury or death - gawdon bennit, what are you on?

3 Likes

You, as everyone else, are entitled to your point of view on this issue - Please don’t suggest that l am taking some mind altering substance just because my views are contrary to yours - i am still of the opinion that the media hacks were out for his blood yesterday.

Your “Scummings” and “Doris” references remind me of a the name calling adopted by Trump - I don’t respect any of your views and thought that you wouldn’t be able to resist having a pop at me.

I note that you have nothing to say to @Peter_Goble about his views - Hmmmmmmm!

That’s what @Peter_Goble wrote (as you quoted) and I don’t disagree with that sentiment so why would I wish to challenge it? The frightening thing is the revelation that he was telling the truth showing no remorse for his actions despite the benefit of hindsight and the opportunity (not often given) to do so.
Peter didn’t express the view that saint scummings was above board and I very much doubt that he would have done so or believed that to be the case.
I don’t accuse you of taking anything (read of that what you will) and of course you can have your personal opinions as indeed I can but on this I question your judgement in supporting a supposed high flyer of significant influence to the UK PM structuring a sovereign state’s response to a deadly disease who was prepared to put others at risk. It’s that simple.
You do seem to have a knack for making something out of nothing when it suits you.
Perhaps you might like to refer to the post by @David_GAY where he says:

Are Specsavers really using this in their advertising?

It has been suggested that HMG changed the message from “stay home” to “stay alert” to fend off the gathering storm from journalists that the cummings story was going to break.

[quote=“Peter_Goble, post:54, topic:30110”]
but he was not aggressive or defensive. We are poles apart politically, but I am inclined to believe he is speaking truthfully, and not hiding anything of serious import.

[/quote]Peter didn’t express the view that saint scummings was above board and I very much doubt that he would have done so or believed that to be the case.

Your understanding of English must be different to mine - Hey! but why let the facts get in the way?

Please would folk take a step back… and let’s get on with a pleasant, informed discussion…

and you do all know to whom I am addressing these words…

cheers

1 Like

I’m sorry @Dan_Wood I really don’t get the point you are trying to make in post 92.

Of course you wouldn’t because it doesn’t square with your world view - In any event l am sure others must be bored with this back and forth - l know l am.

2 Likes

Well the point is - your post isn’t even formatted correctly so it’s difficult to follow your meaning and/or intent.

[quote=“Dan_Wood, post:92, topic:30110, full:true”]

Perhaps there was none :thinking:
Thanks for your contribution in any event.

Well, someone has admitted getting bored…

perhaps those who are not bored can now continue with a pleasant, informed discussion…

no pointed stings and barbs please…

1 Like

I’m just waiting for the screwed and countersunk bit @Stella :rofl:

3 Likes

DC wouldn’t be telling porkies heaven forbid.

Sorry couldn’t find a shorter clip, skip to 11.30ish.
2 Likes