Soreze Mairie (81540) planning to cull our cats (am also posting this on Pet Resuce page)

Thank you!

Petition signed and shared

Good luck !!!

The elections are next year, so too late probably. So get a complaint moving at a higher level to buy time. Then maybe you’ll get closer to election time and see some opposition to the incumbent.

Ah no; it says they must tell us one week before they start the trapping...not when they are still in the decision making stage

Bummer - was hoping I could get them on this

Thank you so much for your help!

Done

Ok point taken

It was French people who messaged me but I agree that the two must say exactly the same thing - will change it back to your wording

And yes if you can contact the two organisations that would be great - I am currently onto 30million d'amis

Thank you so much Finn

I made one tiny change - 'mettre en place- to 'debattre' only because a couple of people messaged me to say that the mairie could do me for defamation if I even suggest they are already going ahead before we have been officially informed

Brian Milne referred to the fact that our mayor, as elected delegate, has been working on this in secret. Other friends say he is only obliged to inform us once the decision has been made. Do you know anything about the law on this? Indeed do any SFNers have info on this?

There was a stray dog in Sorèze who ended up at Pierre Fabre

A local business man managed to rescue him - he was easily identifiable

And for two years running a nearby gendarmerie has called our local cat assoc when they have arrested gangs of animal thieves linked to the vivisection and fur trade world

So I can't prove it but I am highly suspicious nonetheless.

So hope that you are right and this is just a nasty rumour.....couldn't bear the thought of one of my rescues ending up in a lab. Would rather have them put to sleep that face that

Thank you Valerie!

Yes I have been thinking about that. Plus elections are looming but at this stage I don't know if any one is putting up a list against our current mayor, who has been in office for over 30 years

I have also been wondering how else I can put pressure on them....is the stress they are causing a violation of my human rights or be considered a form of harcelement. Really have no idea but want as much ammo as possible!

I was horrified when I read what's happening. Sarah, you're to be commended for taking up the cudgels and trying to put a stop to this slaughter. Petition of course signed.

I have problems believing these rumors. Having worked for a big chemical company in Germany, I have personally seen where these lab animals came from and how they were kept. They couldn’t (and heaven forbid) wouldn’t have used any stray animal! The cats and dogs were one certain kind (mainly Beagles for the dogs) bred and born on the premises.

I can’t speak for other animal labs, but the big concerns certainly stick to certain ethical rules.

This point about the mairie doing it all in secret gives you good reason for a complaint to your departmental prefect. It may not stop the action but it may just delay it and buy you time. They are an elected council with an elected councillor as maire and that person is accountable to the electorate and has a public duty to inform. We know they do not always, but on this occasional do not turn a blind eye, just complain to the higher authority.

Lynn made an interesting comment re numbers in UK and we have found that this year a lot of people can no longer afford to keep their pets....sign of the times

Yes yes yes please - a friend was going to do it but her daughter is currently throwing up

I could do it but am in such a state that my internal dictionary is not working well

I could then have two petitions running at the same time!

The link is above

Thanks!

The vivisection rumour is just that at the moment but what concerns me is
that Pierre Fabre have very close links with our mairie as they use Soreze for conferences and courses

Plus a former neighbour of mine worked in the animal labs and he has since told me that unclaimed animals have ended up in their labs (including tatooed and chipped ones that owners could not afford to claim)

Thanks for your support

Thank you!!!

All the animal lovers are up in arms

We are supposed to be warned but so far the mairie has done everything in secret - we only found out by chance when someone from the mairie was overheard discussing it!

Petition link below and thank you so much for your support

Recent UK newspaper reports showed that abandoned pets and ones offered for rehoming had gone up by over 30%, my wife’s Swiss monthly magazine had an article along the same lines and an Italian thing we read told of packs of dogs hunting wolves off their territory in the north… Seems to be a widespread problem.

Thanks for the info - I had problems finding details on the law