🛑 Stop Brexit

2 Likes

So, even if the Government loses the current Supreme Court case and has to recall Parliament, they will not give an undertaking not to prorogue immediately after…

They really dont care now that their underhand duplicity is laid bare for all to see - they have no ideology of Brexit, they couldnt give a flying feck for those of the population who actually believe in the unicorns. All they want is to leave without a deal so that their fortunes are protected and, no doubt, increased during the following mayhem.

You couldn’t make it up!

I must say that I have serious doubts that it would actually be possible to ‘mislead’ Her Majesty over whether or not a prorogation should be granted. After all her years on the throne, and all her vast experience accrued whilst Prime Ministers have come and gone, I should think that she has probably seen and heard it all before.
If the Supreme Court were to find that the PM mislead Her Majesty, that would effectively be a criticism of the Queen herself, and so I somehow doubt that such an outcome is overly likely.

1 Like

I can’t possibly see how Liz could be criticised in all this, she is purely a figurehead and is merely ‘rubber-stamping’ what her PM wants to do, however if he loses and he tries to prorogue again then there could be a problem for her.

2 Likes

This might interest you guys:
"From the financial data publicly available, Byline Times can reveal that currently £4,563,350,000 (£4.6 billion) of aggregate short positions on a ‘no deal’ Brexit have been taken out by hedge funds that directly or indirectly bankrolled Boris Johnson’s leadership campaign. "

The use of the word ‘mislead’ suggests, to me, that one cannot accuse the PM of lying.
Although everyone believes he did.

“everyone”; and you know this how?

1 Like

It’s a fair question. Our sense of justice and our allegiance to our concept of what is right and true will fare better, I think, if we avoid absolutes like “everyone knows”.

Because it’s improbable, and unprovable, and doesn’t reflect the complexity and fluidity of human affairs.

3 Likes

Simple, he always wears fire retardant trousers.:grinning:

2 Likes

and a bullet proof vest :grin:

1 Like

At present he is the darling of the Murdoch press so as long as that prevails he will find that the shit does not stick.

How else do you explain the fact that this concerned father’s interaction with the PM is being spun to be all about his Labour ties, not the fact that Boris hadn’t really got an answer for him and gestured to a bank of press photographers and cameramen and said, with a straight face, “there aren’t any press here”.

“Everyone” being used generically.
Perhaps I should have used, ”it is generally believed though, of course, unprovable” or, maybe, “the man has been seen to be an inept and incompetent liar in the past and I see no reason not to believe that he lied, yet again, in this instance”.
It is, of course only my opinion.

3 Likes

And you know this how? Just kidding!

This makes you wonder - Who is behind the scenes pulling the strings?

IMG_20190919_103831

What a surprise!
Money grabbing at any opportunity.

I found it hard to swallow that she just gave in.
She must have had advice, but, as you say, she is vastly more experienced in these things than a blonde Johhny come lately.

The problem seems to be that many know and are prepared to say nothing or stand up against him now that the decent people have been thrown out.

Isn’t it a pity that the UK Govt can’t address its citizens in a similar fashion?

7 Likes

Some interesting possibilities here. A Lib/Lab pact perhaps? But how will those voting intentions translate into seats?

Pretty much sums up my feelings.

7 Likes