šŸ›‘ Stop Brexit

A very good analysis of the 3 days hearing in the Supreme Court.

1 Like

Now, this is getting silly.
Saw a car in the local town square this lunchtime with a British number plate and a :uk: emblem on the number plate with the ISO code ā€œUKā€ which just doesnā€™t exist!
Spoke to the driver who told me that he recently had the plate made up in the UK and was asked whether he wanted ā€œUKā€ or ā€œGBā€ (which is the correct ISO code) on it but elected to have ā€œUKā€ for whatever reason.
Surely that is somewhat internationally illegal? There are two ISO codes permitted for the UK - GB and GBR.
Might this cause problems for the driver sometime in the future when he presents the car at a foreign port?

Hi Graham :wave:t3:
You are allowed to display Uk and the union flag on number plates.

But you do still have to have a GB sticker if you opt for UK on the number plate. If you go with GB on the number plate you donā€™t need a GB sticker.

All well and good butā€¦

Youā€™ll still need a GB sticker when travelling in Europe if you display one of these national flags and identifiers.

The flag must be above the identifier. You cannot have the flag or letters on the number plate margin, and neither can be more than 50 millimetres wide.

Euro symbol

If you display the Euro symbol and Great Britain (GB) national identifier on your number plate, then you will not need a separate GB sticker when travelling within the European Union.

So, youā€™ll still need to comply with international ISO rulesā€¦
Rule Britannia, Britannia waves the rules yet again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Does this mean that after Brexit I will have to have a GB sticker on my car if I visit family and friends in the UK?
My car has a French immatriculation showing euro flag / F and 24.

After Brexit - you think that we will be allowed into UK?

I heard the tunnel is being blocked, the ferries are being scuttled and a wall being built - to allow the UK to look inwards without the distractions of foreign types!

5 Likes

Not at all but keep a close eye on your car whilst parked in UK as, after Brexshit, it will be a target for those who hate Jonny Foreigner assets and will possibly brick it up or superglue the locks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

OMG! Graham thatā€™s a good point, it never even crossed my mind. :astonished:

Was it an Audi?

No, a KIA

The liar and philanderer Johnson has LOST the Supreme Court case!!!

Now this will get interestingā€¦

3 Likes

Care to amend your view now on Lord Pannick @Anglozone

1 Like

Hi @graham
Iā€™m really glad he managed to get his point across and extremely pleased with the outcome but still think that he isnā€™t what you would call animated.
The main thing is everyone listened to what he was saying (without nodding off) and made the correct decision! :grinning:

Itā€™s the Supreme Court - ā€œanimatedā€ is not really what is called for.

Clear competent argument is what is required and Pannick supplied it in spadefuls.

3 Likes

and in complete contrast to the weak livered puny attempts by the Government lawyers.

1 Like

Luckily :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hopefully he will be ā€˜dead in his ditchā€™.

any ditch will doā€¦ a rat infested one would be just perfect :smile: