StopCovid App

The StopCovid App is available from Monday.
I’m thinking of installing it - are you?

No

Well, not the UK one anyway.

In a word…No…

1 Like

Nope!

1 Like

I doubt it, they will have to do a good selling job to convince me

1 Like

I probably wouldn’t install the UK one, or the Google etc versions - but I have a lot more trust in the French government - so I wonder what folks’ reasons are for not using it?

Unlikely to install it when it arrives here as we live in a rural area where many people don’t have smartphones so seems little point. And there are not that many people anyway!

3 Likes

I will download it. I live in a rural area and there seems to be no shortage of smartphone owners around here.

2 Likes

Ha ha… I’m not smart enough to have a smart phone… just a bog-standard one which receives call and messages… and enables me to send 'em… :relaxed: :relaxed:

Personally, I don’t need anything more complicated than that

3 Likes

In another thread I wrote (to cross reference):

1 Like

Nope. I consider it a total waste of time and effort. It will only work if its use becomes compulsory.

I’ll try installing it but Bluetooth being permanently switched on will exhaust the battery in less than 24 hours.

I guess the trick will be only to switch BT on when you are out in places where you will encounter other people in close proximity.

Unless your “smartphone” has LE Bluetooth hardware and compatible software an hour or so will run down the battery.

If you leave Bluetooth switched on you need to manage the settings so others can’t access your phone.

Seemingly simple but much more complicated in reality.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

I installed it. I have bluetooth enabled normally anyway - I only take my phone if going out by car, and it connects with the car by bluetooth - it uses more power, but lasts a day or two anyway.
My problem will be remembering to take the phone with me - I’m absolutely notorious among family and friends for not having it with me - but I will try…

A propos Bluetooth, isn’t it super cool that their logo is the 2 runes of Harald Bluetooth’s initials?

1 Like

I didn’t know that - but yes it is!

1 Like

I have Bluetooth on constantly on my phone, it has very little effect on the battery life, far far less than than having the screen active.

1 Like

I’ve downloaded it. I can understand people’s privacy concerns, but I have various health concerns which mean catching Covid-19 would be very serious for me. So on that basis I think it’s the lesser of two evils.