Straws in the Brexit wind?

When I was a kid my granny used to post welsh lamb chops down to us ‘deprived of proper meat’ Londoners. Occasionally the packages would arrive leaking blood. Can’t imagine a postman happily dealing with that these days. We’d have SO19 on the doorstep before you could say “mint sauce anyone?”

6 Likes

I worked in another place across the road from a sorting office and we were evacuated more than once. One time the suspicious parcel did turn out to be a pork pie. The Bomb Squad did say better safe than sorry.

3 Likes

:laughing::laughing:

That reminds of the time I sent someone a parcel in France with things from the UK they couldn’t get and were missing. One of the things was a bottle of Johnson’s Baby Oil. Unfortunately, I had not checked the lid or thought to perhaps tape it up.

It arrived in France and had obviously had a rough journey as when it was collected from the Post Office the parcel was soaked in, and dripping with, baby oil. Apparently, the Post Office staff were not best pleased!:roll_eyes:

Well, I have only once had clotted cream in Padstow tea room(?), so I cannot judge it well. But speaking of Padstow: we stayed 3 nights above this fantastic restaurant ’ The Seafood Restaurant’ , breakfast, lunch and dinners, wow! When we got home we learned that Rick Stein had a reputation of a great chef. Indeed he is, what a feast we had!
Back to Clotted, in Texas I found a lady brave enough selling unpasteurised milk and cream from her jersey cows. Not clotted you guys would say but thick and tasty enough for me. (This being in the USA she had to sell it as catfood and I had to sign a paper that I would not to sue her, jeez). Does anybody know, can you buy unpasteurised milk her in FR?

You can still get it by post.

1 Like