Sudocrem equivalent

Hello everyone.

I have had a search but can’t find anything. Is there a French equivalent to Sudocrem anyone would recommend?

Thanks!

Marijke

1 Like

ask at your pharmacy - they will be able to see the make-up of the product and, dependant upon your “presentation” be in a position to recommend an alternative.
Personally, I’d be very uncomfortable about recommending a product for someone without knowing their medical situation. If the pharmacien can’t advise, they will suggest your MT.

Sudocrem is a zinc oxide based barrier cream so I’d start with asking the pharmacy for “crème oxyde de zinc”.

Or buy Sudocrem from the British corner shop (not cheap though).

Moi aussi.

1 Like

If it’s for nappy rash I remember using Mitosyl when my children were small.

Thanks for your replies @graham @anon88169868 @Therese_Rigby

Maybe I picked the wrong category when I chose health. It isn’t for anything serious. It’s just quite handy to have in as a general purpose skin healing cream for insect bites or gardening/dog walking scratches.

But I will enquire at the chemist.

Hope you have a lovely day.

I agree - very useful. And if ever life returns to normal and I get back to the UK on a trip in the next year or three it will be on my list of things to bring back.

1 Like

My wife swears by the Marie Rose cream for insect bites.

2 Likes

I just swear by the insect bites. :grin:

8 Likes

I used to buy Benadryl cream which was brilliant but it seems to have disappeared, some pharmacist cant remember it. It was made by Pfizer.

How much does it cost in France, Amazon UK want £18 a tube. Found it at £4.90 but they also want £8.70 postage.

Most of the nappy creams here have zinc oxide in them…often labelled crème change. Or there is an adult pommade réparatrice ABENA au zinc.

I have to be super careful gardening, so my go-to products are a bottle of yellow Betadine, followed by a mild pommade. Hansaplast (usually on a display carousel of plaster and the like) have a range that I find work well. Or I use a gel cicatrisant au miel readily available in pharmacies - but the dog tends to want to lick it off.

2 Likes

And a vital constituent of a traditional 1970s prawn cocktail :joy:

5 Likes

Probably best not to get the two confused :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I have just been up to the pharmacy at St Bonnet this morning to get a new tube of Sedermyl and a Dapis stick for insect bites.

1 Like

Lavender crème works well (and the dog likes it also)

2 Likes

I’ve always relied on the range of creams from Helios for minor skin irritations…calendula…calendula and graphites…urticaria urens…arnica…

SOS skin balm for dogs although I’ve never had to use it on them but used it for me…

I’m starting to run low on some of the creams and some of my must have first aid homeopathic remedies and due to brexshit haven’t yet risked an order from Helios as I can’t make out how I pay this end…???

And if I wanted to order from a homeopathy site in France are 30c and 200c and mother tinctures etc the same…??? And is there an equivalent to Helios in France…???

Edited to add that I use new pharma . fr for serrapeptase and several other natural products and their service is excellent and really speedy…I’ve browsed their homeopathic range but it’s not what I’m looking for…

1 Like

@Helen6 It’s really easy to buy from Helios online using a UK bank or credit card. I’ve had an account with them for years and as I still have my Barclaycard I use that. I haven’t ordered from them this year as I keep well stocked up so I don’t know what the impact of Brexit has been on their postage/VAT/handling/etc costs. Normally they just send their remedies in the standard post so up until January there was little hassle and that may still be the case.
Call them if you’ve got any concerns. In fact they may be able to help with equivalent potencies. I tried asking here but still find the different numbers confusing. Not least the French tend to use very low potencies whereas I’ve got a lot at 200C (hardly high by UK standards).
I find Helios to be quite exceptional and whilst homeopathy is easily found here in pharmacies, for me it’s not the same. I use Helios soft tablets for the dogs because they are so easy to handle and pop in the dogs mouth. All these little hard round tablets just shoot all over the place and I never know what the dogs have had.

1 Like

Yes me too…I adore Helios and have never had a problem…my order arrives perfectly packaged within 3 to 5 days and yes me too always the soft tablets for them and me :grinning:

But if you go on their site at the minute there’s a notice that reads:

ORDERS TO EU

We have been experiencing some problems getting orders through EU customs so to facilitate an easier transition we are temporarily limiting orders to a value of 100.00 GBP (including post and packing) and strongly recommend that you select a tracked delivery option.

We are not sending any orders to EU via courier services.

Delivery may be slower than usual, in the region of 2-6 weeks and you may be asked to pay import duty or VAT before receiving the order. This is likely to be between 18-20% of the value of the order but please check with your local customs office for further details.We anticipate this being a temporary measure and we will update this page regularly.

Thank you

COVENT GARDEN BRANCH
Covent Garden branch is now open : one person in the shop at a time.

This bit…how would I pay the estimated 18-20%…??? Would the post lady arrive with my order and a card reader for me to pay on my doorstep…??? Or would I need to go the post office to collect my order and pay there…??? :thinking:

I have family in U.K. who would willingly have my order posted to them and then post on to me but not done that yet…

I’ve always used either PayPal linked to my French bank account or virtualis…the one time virtual card generated by my French bank for a one time purchase…

It’s not that I don’t trust any French equivalents to Helios it’s more a case of I can’t even find them and if I could are the potencies the same…???

Yes, as I understand it, you will pay the post lady.

1 Like