Survive France Users' Brexit Poll

@Timbur please could you provide links to me putting people down, being impolite and using the phrase ‘gripping stuff’. I’m open to feedback and happy to edit any such posts accordingly. :slight_smile:

Edit - thanks for the link to my unforgivable use of the phrase ‘gripping stuff’ - I’ve removed it from the end of post 57.

Yes I am happy to comment. Without trawling through all the posts I cannot point to exactly the comments to which I need to refer but in a couple some time ago there were comments to the effect that Simon was a “bully”. That is quite a tough term to apply to anyone and I used instead the term “aggressive”. it’s your site James and you should know its content better than most. Am I speaking the truth?

Ok that’s quite enough! I’m out - Bravo Tim! A thoroughly nasty and upsetting individual - whoever you are. Smacks of a targeted ‘campaign’ to me. Nothing l care to be part of.

I think I have called @anon88888878 out previously on what I consider to be aggressive posts. I think Simon may even agree with me on occasion but that doesn’t make it open season. I will treat everyone as fairly as I possible can, I’m not omnipresent though.

1 Like

I feel for that too, i ws told by a member to not reply and when i said the exact same thing to them I got told off. BUT and there is a big BUT.

The system is what flags so much of the stuff, @james may well run the site but they also run a home and work for a living and are not here to babysit us all day long and while it is often certain folks who get flagged I had it explained to me the other day and its pretty sound.

I feel for people who think they are being targeted and others ignored but one person flagging a post does not draw attention it takes many flags for a comment or post to be noticed.

The admin only get involved when the conversation seems to be escalating and just going so far into a narror mindset that its the only thing to do.

I prefer the term out spoken and fixed in their views to aggressive and I think we all are very set in our own way of thinking.

I hope this is not to aggressive for anyone .

1 Like

thanks for my new word of the day. I quite like that word.

2 Likes

I rest my case!

all i can say is :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I’ve devoted time and effort to this thread and to those involved in an attempt at resolution and you ending it like that makes me think it was a waste of time.

1 Like

For God’s sakes, don’t mention the Lithuanians, anything but the Lithuanians.

2 Likes

On a final note, coming back to the Room 101 idea (I don’t really like this name for it by the way), does anyone think it has been successful, or could perhaps be so in future. What I have taken from it is that firstly I’ve ruined @anon88888878 post (apologies) and we didn’t achieve much apart from perhaps a frank airing of views!

Any further comment on this would be most welcome :slight_smile:

No further replies with regard to @anon88888878 and @Timbur embroilment are required as that is clearly a zero sum game :wink:

i think a area where posts can begin to people who choose to follow is great but a thread moved t there can drag parties into it who may not want to go there. maybe, a flag on moved posts. "This topic has been moved to “air your laundry room” continue only if you …

I’m sorry about that James. I couldn’t really see what other answer I could give when Simon refers to me in the way he did. It’s okay - I will butt out of the conversation and wish you luck with the site, which serves a useful purpose. I also apologise for misspelling your partners name - it was not intentional.

Best Wishes
Tim

1 Like

As someone else said, I do work for a living and do not have time to see everything -but I have certainly ‘reproved’ both of the posters you mention on previous occasions. And if I missed someone having a pop at you, then I apologise becaause had I seen it, I would have responded. No one is irreplaceable, there are no ‘good old boys’ and no one gets a free pass - myself included - which is why I was more than happy to hold my hands up when I cocked up last week with Stella.
Hi @Stella btw and I was going to phone you tonight but had no phone signal in the car on the way home!

2 Likes

Catharine, you and James are doing a fine job IMO (plus all your other responsibilities). Personally I can’t understand why people here have all got so upset. Now I’ve reason to be upset.

I was at my local Carrefour yesterday buying a bag of Royal Canin for my Brexit Bulldog (I call him Davis) and in the checkout queue a woman behind me asked if I had a dog. Since I’m retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn’t have a dog, I was starting the Royal Canin diet again. I added that I probably shouldn’t because I ended up in hospital last time, but I’d lost 2 stone before I woke up in intensive care with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pockets with Royal Canin nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in queue was now listening to my story.) Horrified, she asked me if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I’d stepped off the kerb to sniff an Irish Setter’s arse and a car hit me.

Now I’m banned from Carrefour.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Have you been watching the re-runs of Fawlty Towers ?? :grin::grin:

Fawlty AND Father Ted.

1 Like