System update Jan '23?

I think the problems might be either app based and not the fault of the upgrades and looks to be a setting on your tablet that is causing the problem, I have two Samsing Tab A7’s running SF without any problems.

1 Like

but you can still see the posts in a topic? What I said was to use your finger to highlight the text you want to quote and that will open the edit panel when you touch “Quote”. You showed that pane being open in your graphic.

then don’t use a more complex up to date device - go back to a simple PC running a windoze legacy version.

2 Likes

Why not seriously consider a desktop computer… I thoroughly enjoy using mine… it’s not that old, either, around 2019 with nice big screen and wireless fullsize keyboard and mouse…

I’m not interested in having a computer always available, wherever I am…
But I do appreciate that we are all different… and my way wouldn’t suit everyone…

2 Likes

@graham , @james
I think that it is not unreasonable to expect to be able to get full functionality on an Android tablet as probably the majority of social media users use either a tablet or smart phone rather than a traditional Windows or Mac operating system,
I am using Firefox browser as I type this post and cannot see previous posts (which could if I used Chrome but then the search function is missing) and the bar across the top has no icon to allow and item (pic’ etc) to be attached.

@graham @James
I am now using Chrome and the download icon is the sixth from the left ( after the ") which i have used to attach a pic’ of the reply on box which is presented when using Firefox showing the download option is missing. Whenn using this chrome browser i can see previous posts, but the search box doesn’t work

@strudball
A suggestion for you to try if you are still experiencing problems with the browser on your Samsung device.
Try Ghostery Browser - you should be able to download it from the Playstore.

See how you get on with that and let us know the result. I use it on my android mobile and it works well with no issues.
@james for info.

As someone else has quite rightly pointed out, at the very least, you will be starting afresh with a “clean” browser which should at the very least eliminate any possible underlying cache issues…

1 Like

Who are Ghostery…I’ve already got multiple browsers and I don’t really want to set up yet another account. Not sure why this is likely to be any different to Firefox.
And they wanted monyt to set it up by way of regular donations. Its all gone to ratshit since this upgrade. In truth I seem to read SF very little now so I’ll probably not bother
@james

I still think it’s got very little to do with the upgrade and is likely to be a setting change or update on your Samsung tablet, if it was the upgrade most people would still be having problems which they aren’t.

1 Like

No probs on my Samsung tab or Iphone or computers?

1 Like

One possible benefit is that you will be starting afresh with a different browser which should possibly eliminate any chache issues.
Ghostery is free and open source software (FOSS) but as with even FF and its email client sister software Thunderbird, contributions are always gratefully received to keep the project live -

1 Like