System update Jan '23?

How is it now?

I presume that you changed your mind?

chat bubble gone, user icons restored and list without the sidebar.
So yes, fine for meā€¦

No time to troubleshoot at the moment so Iā€™ll take the safe option and leave it alone!

1 Like

@james, this is what appears when i click on the icon ("magnifying glass " ) to access the search

Thatā€™s what I was getting in the first place John and later resolved by changing the zoom settings.
A couple of references for you to try John referring specifically to Chrome:

how to set zoom
how to change zoom

1 Like

Definitely try what @graham suggests and if that doesnā€™t work clear your cache, hard refresh and try in another browser and come back with results

1 Like

I had similar with the new version of Chrome, I had to adjust the zoom and for some reason the desktop view had switched itself on, once I disabled that everything was ok.

1 Like

looks like you need manually zoom out and/ or change default zoom. I get that on Opera on Samsung Android on some sites.

Will only zoom larger which is poinless, wonā€™t shrink.
No change if i opt for the desk top site via android and whether i use Google come or Samsung (maker of tablet) browser

What is the lowest % it goes to.

Allā€™s fine on my Galaxy S6

25% is the lowest Zoom setting on Chrome.

I know that, I meant what is the lowest % showing on his setting, in case the app setting is being limited by a system setting.
I thought that setting only affected double tap zoom on android, text size is set in system settings.

Hi James, I have switched from using G Chrome which didnā€™t display as explained the search option , (and I still seem to be unable to find the zoom option on this broswer) to Firefox. The search option noe dis0lats OK, but when I want to reply to a post it doesnā€™t show previous threads above the reply text box (as per with Chrome) which means trying to send a rel4vant reply iscsomehatv history and miss

Blockquote

screenshot showing the problem?

1 Like

Hi James, I have switched from using G Chrome which didnā€™t display the search option boxes as explained, (and I still seem to be unable to find the zoom option on this broswer) to Firefox. The search option now displays OK, but when I want to reply to a post it doesnā€™t show previous threads above the reply text box (as per with Chrome) which means trying to send a relevant reply is somewhat what hit and miss.
The down arrow attachment icon is now missing from the drop down bar along the top so i cannot add anything.
Seems old addage of ā€œif it ainā€™t broken donā€™t fix itā€ is relevant here as until a few days ago all worked perfectly !

Thatā€™s how it works on Android from what I can see. I created this post on my android phone by first selecting the text I wanted to quote then adding the text (this post) required.

2 Likes

When replying using Android (Iā€™m on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5), the keyboard comes up on the bottom half of the screen. Underneath to the right is a down icon, that will hide the keyboard and move the reply to the lower half of the screen and you can then scroll through the posts/threads above .

2 Likes

What I meant was when using Firefox whilst i then have working search buttons there is no icon to use to append something and when i want to reply using Firefox, as I am now, I cannot see any previous threads.
But when I use chrome I do have a icon to append items and when I pull up the reply option the reply box is on the bottom quarter of the screen so I can see the previous or two postsā€¦but the search boxes donā€™t work.
SF seems to be becoming quite flakey now, beginning to get tired of continuing problems caused by upgrades (?) that donā€™t work. I just want a simple user friendly plug and play