Tax for buying a car

They are good insurers, I would use them again.

Yes David. We’re meeting him in Nice tomorrow for a post confinement dinner and he thinks this might be the solution?

Attestation sur l Honneur avril 2018.pdf (50.3 KB)

1 Like

That is page 5 of the FFVE attestation application. I doubt that it will help with ANTS.
Is it already registered as a vehicule de collection?

No Mark.

Hi Mark,
In your post you mention that the selling and buying process is covered in another file - is it possible for you to post a link to this - I’ve just moved to France and am looking to replace my UK car with a French one and am doing research on buying a car in France.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

I think CG is already 0 for electric.

Not sure about VAT.

Not to worry about the problems servicing a Chinese car in France. Might be a problem if bringing in an electric Chinese MG especially a non-type-approved one (cough! cough!).
MG has practically no garage network in France currently.

But as of yesterday pre-orders for the Dacia Spring, a well-known Chinese car, opened in France. So there will be lots of Chinese electric cars in France
serviced by Renault garages.

Starting price for mine is 12.500 on the road. 13.500 fully loaded. If I had a French registered diesel to trade in or very old petrol looks like bonus conversion would take it to lots less (I don’t). Not bad for a new electric car.

John Sculley you are right the China technology will end in tears.

what’s a VdC?
Is that a barn find?

Hi all,
I just came across this thread whilst browsing the site. I work as a commercial secretary for Renault in the South West. ANTS, carte grise etc is my day to day. If anyone has a question, no one else can answer, please don’t hesitate. I am lucky to be part of a very large group and between us secretaries, there isn’t a single question or problem we haven’t been able to answer or solve.
P.S if any of you own a tractor, please be aware that they must now have a carte grise, since the change in the law in January of this year. :wink::pray:

3 Likes

what is the definition of a “tractor” and does that apply even if the vehicle never leaves privately owned land under its own propulsion? A reference to the change in the law in January might be helpful.

Here you go Graham. It says any agricultural véhicule that is operational but there are different cases for different types.
On this site you can choose which category your vehicle falls into and get information accordingly.
It costs 13.76€, tax and fixed charge. There is no charge for the carte grise itself. The engine must be insured. If you are affiliated to the MSA you can also do it through your espace personnel.

Un engin agricole et forestier doit ĂȘtre obligatoirement immatriculĂ© comme les autres vĂ©hicules.

Cette obligation concerne tous les matériels agricoles roulants :

Tracteur agricole (TRA) Ă  roues ou Ă  chenilles
Machine automotrice genre agricole (MAGA), par exemple une moissonneuse batteuse
VĂ©hicule agricole remorquĂ© (REA) dont le PTAC est supĂ©rieur Ă  1,5 tonne. Il s’agit des catĂ©gories R (remorque et semi-remorque : benne, plateau, porte outils, etc.) et S (machine et instrument agraire remorquĂ© : pulvĂ©risateur, rouleau, semoir semi portĂ© par exemple).
Cependant, les obligations diffĂšrent selon 2 critĂšres :

Le vĂ©hicule appartient Ă  un particulier ou est rattachĂ© Ă  une exploitation agricole, forestiĂšre ou Ă  une coopĂ©rative d’utilisation de matĂ©riel agricole (Cuma)
Le PTAC du véhicule ou de la remorque
La plaque du constructeur doit porter de maniĂšre apparente le nom de celui-ci ou sa marque ou le symbole qui l’identifie, le type, le numĂ©ro d’ordre dans la sĂ©rie du type et les caractĂ©ristiques de poids du vĂ©hicule.

Si le vĂ©hicule ou matĂ©riel agricole a un PTAC supĂ©rieur Ă  1,5 tonne, la plaque de constructeur doit aussi comporter l’adresse du constructeur.

2 Likes

Well, that’s a relief
 doesn’t cover my lawn tractor then
Thanks for the information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJfFZqTlWrQ

Scooters and motorbikes over 125cc have to do a controle every 2 years from next year too I think, same as car if over 4 years old

Ha, wish I’d seen this before I bought a French Volvo 940 in the UK. It was 13 years ago, mind, and all ended well because I still have it, but we arrived in France to register it and didn’t have the necessaries! It’s only in our name because someone at the PrĂ©fecture de NĂźmes decided to turn a blind eye. It was that or scrap it because ownership was basically unprovable! Fortunately the lady stamped the paperwork and told us mum’s the word. It isn’t exactly a valuable vehicle.

Shouldn’t be an issue in France though. I was just an ignorant Brit assuming having the carte grise in my hand was enough, like the old V5. Ohhh no nono monsieur. :joy: