Taxe Fonciere 2020

After chatting with friends who own a gite nearby they believed that if I increased the area used for the gallery my TF would go down as it has for them because they use a dining room in the main house to offer dinners etc. It seems impossible to work this out from the figures on my TF form. Of course I understand that other charges would possibly increase but it’s the TF that has skyrocketed. Has anyone had any experience of this?

TFoncière relates to the amount of habitable space in the property…

If you have real concerns… ask to speak with someone at your Mairie… they might well have someone who understands such things (our one does, but apparently not all do…).

You can also ask for an official visit to measure and confirm what is what…

best of luck…

When we renovated our gîte any differences in property taxes was more than made up for by then having to pay CFE (cotisation foncière enterprise) tax.

Do they pay this tax? Or have they not declared themselves fully?

I see Jane, that’s what I’m wondering; if giving over purely personal space to a mixed use of personal and business would it have a positive financial impact.

I assume they will pay the tax you mention as they’re fully up front about everything. Did I read somewhere on here that you don’t pay it for the first 4 years of business? My turnover from my tiny gallery is miniscule, less than 3000€ pa so that tax shouldn’t impact me greatly - I hope!

Thank you for your reply - very helpful.

Thank you Stella.