Taxe Foncière Bills 2021 - Increases?

I’m retiring so won’t be paying tax will only have my pensions,

You pay tax on pensions…

It is your overall income before tax that counts. This is called your RFR (revenue fiscale de référence ) which is shown on the front of your avis d’impôts. This year if it is less than 27,761€ for a one person family (and 44,111 for 2 people) you will pay no taxe d’habitation.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info very helpful

Liable, yes, but if your income is low enough, zero. Generally income tax is lower than UK (twice in one year my main UK pension was deducted in error by £100 on an income attracting nothing in France, and they did not know about my French pensions either :roll_eyes:, so could have been more).

Even when working here, a low employment area, on the smic, I have never paid income tax in 22 years. One year while working I even got a rebate :astonished: :rofl:

1 Like

I think policies here are quite helpful to low income families. And yes you are right, I should have written “liable” to tax but was responding to his “won’t be paying tax will only have my pensions”. We have our pensions and pay tax as above the threshold.

1 Like

I’m just throwing this into the mix, for any “Newcomers” …
In France one has to declare absolutely every bit of income (from whatever source/from wherever in the world).

The French Tax Man… will then work out whether on not French Tax (of any sort) is due…
If Tax has already been paid in a country with a “bi-agreement thingy”… that will be offset… if anything is left owing/not already paid… cough up!

(this is a basic explanation… more info is widely available on the web and on this forum.)

1 Like

Or tax woman :grin:…all the people we have dealt with at our tax office have been female. Perhaps ‘tax official’ is more up to date?

@Clive My Taxe fonciere statement has “Date limite de paiement: 15/10/2021” on it. It’s immediately below the big print line with the amount due on it, followed by a big space, followed by instructions on how to pay it - this is when viewed as a pdf or printed out from the on-line version.

Whatever is in that box should either tell you that you have nothing to pay - as @Stella does - or what I have described on mine. Was yours a sent-through the post version? Because if you are viewing it on-line on a smartphone that box may appear on page 2 :thinking:

i recognised the :grinning:, but also the underlying hint of feminist outrage, but could it possibly be that to so often use the term ‘taxman’ it is actually a dig at men, as the too often bringers of bad news? :thinking: :rofl:

Actually I often smile when someone mentions the taxman as being of a certain age I start singing…:notes::musical_note::tiger2:

“Let me tell you how it will be
There’s one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I’m the taxman
Yeah, I’m the taxman

Should five percent appear too small
Be thankful I don’t take it all
'Cause I’m the taxman
Yeah, I’m the taxman

I’ll tax the street
(If you try to sit, sit) I’ll tax your seat
(If you get too cold, cold) I’ll tax the heat
(If you take a walk, walk) I’ll tax your feet
(Taxman)

'Cause I’m the taxman
Yeah, I’m the taxman

Don’t ask me what I want it for
(Ah, ah, Mr. Wilson)
If you don’t want to pay some more
(Ah, ah, Mr. Heath)
'Cause I’m the taxman
Yeah, I’m the taxman

Now my advice for those who die (taxman)
Declare the pennies on your eyes (taxman)
'Cause I’m the taxman
Yeah, I’m the taxman
And you’re working for no one but me (taxman)”

1 Like

I’m with Codfanglers. “Tax bastard” is a perfectly gender neutral and accurate term for persons employed in extracted money from citizens on behalf of the state.

2 Likes

Excellent, :rofl: I hadn’t heard that before. :astonished:

Joke surely? Hasn’t everyone with a British passport below 55 heard of the Beatles? :woman_facepalming:t3:

Our has gone down by a whopping €2…

Ours are both up by about 2%

I don’t know, of course I have heard of them, but not those words. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ours increased by a whopping €2. Swings and roundabouts.

Our TF has shot up from 310 to 894. I did submit a new plan of the accomodation to the authorities but nonetheless it seems a bit of a hike for adding two bedrooms and two bathrooms.

how many bedrooms and bathrooms before…??? :wink:

Seriously, it might be that the previous “figure” on which tax is levied was, in fact, too low.
There are a number of reasons why/how this might occur…
Some properties have not been valued for so long, that when an alteration is done “now”… the whole building-value is revisited.
This can result in a shock to the current owner.

You could always ask “why the hike …” there might be a mistake… or there might not. :wink:

1 Like

My bill has decreased by 78 euros.

Don’t think that I’ll bother to ask why.

1 Like