Taxes Habitation anyone?

Having checked the cheque-book, I had already paid TH by this time last year. So far, no bill yet. Has anyone received their bill this year? Have the criteria changed? I am not really anxious to pay another bill but I don’t want a penalty either.

Hi Chris
You might find this thread helpful.

Thanks Tracey.

1 Like

I had the same worry so emailed my local office (22). Same day reply assured me the bills were in course of preparation, with a due date of 15 December (definitely later than last year). Not received yet, but at least they know I’m ready to pay!

Great, that’s what I needed, thank you. I will just wait for the demand in the mail. At least I know I haven’t missed it.

Found mine on line, none by post.

Mine just appeared in an email and to do it online Dept 81

Arrived in post today in 33. Somewhat bizarrely in a polythene bag envelope.

Just sign in to your impots account on line and it will be there. Ours, in 24, due for payment by 16.12.19

Taxes Habitation bill arrived in the mail this morning. €100 less than last year! Result.

I’ve not had a TH bill for a few years now (it was never very much) and used to go to the Tresor to ask, they always said nothing to pay, so haven’t bothered since.

Ours appeared by post last week - due date 27th Dec!

1 Like

I received mine yesterday - pay by 16th December.

I got mine in October and it had to be paid by the 15th of November. My impôts fonciers are mensualisés.

I have been lived here for 12 years now aged 73. for the first time ever I have had a tax de habitation bill 495Euro which includes 139euro for tv licence I do not have french tv I receive UK tv through satellite which does not work for about 5 months of the year. Can anyone verify this tax is right of wrong please?

Hi Jacqueline…

I can confirm that if you have a TV you have to pay the licence fee even if (as in my case) you do not use it to receive any tv stuff…

We have no satellite/aerial or anything… just use the TV to play dvd’s and videos… but still get charged the fee every year.

If this is the first time you have been charged THabitation in 12 years - something must have changed. (or perhaps they have only just realised you are living there :thinking:)

You could always have a quick word at your Mairie and possibly at your local tax offices…

Ok thank you . My income has raised slightly !! Could be the reason I have a bill this year.

TH is being phased out, but if you have a TV, I believe the licence fee will still be due (unless your income drops below a certain threshold).

Ours dropped through the letter box yesterday, maisons secondaires are always a bit later than residents - slight increase on last year but only a few €

Hi Paul @anon88169868 ,
In my case this is my principal and only home/residence. I don’t have a second property.
Just seems to be a bit later this year, probably something to do with all the administration changes.