That walk to the altar - Update 17/05

You are always quick to affirm and raise others up, Carol. Such generosity of spirit as yours is what the bitter-sweet world needs more of… :kissing_closed_eyes:… and happiness is so deeply and unfairly distributed across its face… so thank you and many blessings on you and yours.

1 Like

Well thank goodness that probs’ been resolved, Charlie is walkin’ ‘er up t’ Aisle, Phew!!!

The royal wedding gives the UK an economic boost, maybe up up to a billion. Who says the royals are a drain on the public purse.:wink:

1 Like

Me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I wonder how many of you on this Thread are brave enough to tell us a little about your own Wedding Day stuff… ??? (if, indeed, you are or were married)…

I’ve started a new Thread and I hope to see some of you offering us a little joke… or was it really all that bad :smile:

I shall really be surprised what name Markel will use in the US.

All names of aristocracy were forbidden in the Constitution to native born Americans. To wit, and I quote WikiPedia, The Title of Nobility Clause is a provision in Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the United States Constitution.

“No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”

Ouuppsss … ;^)

Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor, presumably.

:hugs:

Grace Kelly seemed to cope. The young royals also use the name Wales. Megan is a good welsh name, I’m not sure about the h though.

1 Like

I dont mind telling you my story very quickly i hope. Met OH may 1966 while on holiday in Paris with my three best british friends.Met my husband at the Rex and he took me round Paris every day for the whole week.i fell in love with him straight away he was such a kind wonderful person.as he was leaving france to work in Tahiti it was obvious to us we should get married asap which we did on the 26 th december 1966 and went to tahiti in january 1967.We are still togather after nearly 53 years after ups and downs.dont regret a thing and older we get closer we become. Always love,forgive, kiss and help each other,be kind to each other .PS sorry not talking about walking to the alter as it was very upsetting my mom decided to cause trouble .but we got through it and lived happily ever after.

4 Likes

‘Financial Times’ jouralist states on BBC R4 just now, the effect on the economy, of the weddin’, will be immeasurably small, not a billion :roll_eyes:

It’s all about opinions Bill -

2 Likes

You know what? I may not be a UK tax payer any more but, whilst there, I paid in a whole mountain of wonga. It would make me extremely happy and proud if I thought that any of my contributions were in some way being used for Harry and Megans wedding. Well worth it and I wish them all the happiness in the world. Go Royalists!!!

2 Likes

The UK TV stations must be rubbing their hands together with all the worldwide syndication fees pouring in!

well said simonflys PS i just love your pseudo Simon

Thanks Carol! Simonflys stems from the fact I spent most of my working life above the clouds - such an honour and an absolute gift - can’t believe I got paid!! Hope things are going well for you Carol! :slight_smile:

Just off to watch the 1hr pre wedding special on the beeb! They’re getting married in the morning…!!!

Chime in, the ding-dong’s gonna bell… :grin: