The Dark Web - Update

I’ve just come across the following…related to France.

Automatic cold-call blocking - free yourself from annoying robocalls.

The Panasonic KX-TGH720FR or KX-TGH722FR cordless landline phone plays a greeting message that asks the caller to enter an access code before the handset rings. Automated callers will not be able to enter the code and their calls will therefore be disconnected.

If the caller information is stored in the Panasonic TGH720 phone, the call is connected without requesting an access code.

Subscription required for caller ID service from your telephone company.

Can whoever knows about what appears to be a new approach to cold calls elucidate please? If this works then I will get one.

I think this is the English version - KX-TGH720E Telephones With Single Handset - Panasonic UK & Ireland

YouTube - Cordless Phone KX-TGH72 series for UK - YouTube

My friend in UK has one of these and it doesn’t recognise my French number.

I think the French version only works in France and likewise the English version only works in England. Hopefully all will become clearer soon.

I found this…

French consumer group UFC-Que Choisir has highlighted a specific type of telephone which could put an end to unwanted cold calls to homes - and is offering the model for sale at a discount after buying up 11,000 of them.

My sister in law has a system similar to this, operated by sky (or so she told me).

So much for internationalism.