The great Marmite divide

Win win then :wink::yum:

am I bovvered?
No.

1 Like

Oh non!!! :scream::scream::scream:

Before I married my wife we were in a room separately with the registrar and the only question she didn’t ask was the marmite one. Could have changed everything lol. (She will read this )

I think I have an addiction; or I am just a horder!

4 Likes

Yes I heard that, bit strange that there is plenty of the stuff on our local supermarket shelves, whereas the stuff I really want, Branston pickles (also from Burton originally) has not been seen for months. :confused:

I haven’t seen or eaten that for years. It’s now owned by a Japanese company. I wonder if they’ve tinkered with the recipe?

1 Like

I don’t eat that sort of thing at all but it was in our local SuperU a few weeks back. Haven’t noticed recently but I’ll look later this week…

Yes, nothing is the same any more Brian, to my taste anyway, I am not devoted to it but it is nice from time to time. Apart from the modern tendency towards plastic upside down squeezy bottles which I abhor. HP sauce tastes the same but seems runnier than it used to be so wanders all over the plate rather than remaining in a satisfying blob on one side to dip into. I have a bottle of Heinz salad cream here which I will chuck out. The taste is nothing like it used to be.
Thank goodness for Lea and Perrins…so far. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Same problem with mango chutney! :frowning_face:

Bloody hell!!!

The Trading Post have it. Not sure if their price is competitive, as l don’t but it, not might be worth having a look

Do you mean, am I Bovriled?

1 Like

Only got one jar of each left…so hope we can get fresh supplies via july visters or it will have to wait till the autumn.
250gm jar of standard Marmite €6.75 in our local

(22) Super U

I much prefer Vegimite!

2 Likes

Ok, to add a new dimension, I am a vegemiter without doubt, will concede to marmite if worlds are colliding…

2 Likes

Why am I still reading this thread? I really must get a life.

8 Likes

Sometimes a little silliness goes a long way, especially after the last 18 months :wink::pray::hugs:

3 Likes

Because its far more relaxing and far less stressful than Covid, Boris, tax, Macron, driving licences etc . etc…in fact its therapeutic

6 Likes

Do I love or hate Marmite? I used to like it on buttered toast too and have been known to add it to casseroles for seasoning. That was then. These days I have chronic gout and one of the first things you learn about as a sufferer is high purin foods. By weight yeast has at least 6 times the number of purins than that of chicken for example. So unfortunately Marmite and Real Ale are both on my banned list.