The nonsense of blocking off of nongrocery items

Desperate times need desperate measures? What about a notice in your local boulangerie asking if anyone has a pair of size X shoes? Last time round here there was a flurry of notices from people who had kids needing bigger shoes.

OH buys his shoes these days online. He has big feet and shoe shops offer limited choice in his size. Online he gets a much better choice.

2 Likes

Youā€™re still getting stuff from bookshops even if theyā€™re paying a cut to The Man, though.

Or use this one, which is wholly run by independents

2 Likes

I donā€™t know that one but I may well give it a try. Thanks!

Sorry Captain, for your painful foot and because I am ignorant about shoeshops in
St Lo. Hope you find something, you might ask at the Tourist 0ffice if itā€™s openā€¦ :thinking::frowning:

You could message these maybe

1 Like

It is a real nonsense! Come early December Iā€™m expecting all politicians to lose their nerve and allow everything to reopen for Christmas, which will mean pandemonium and super-spreading in the toy, chocolate and decorations aisles!
Our local Leclerc is offering non-essential shopping via the telephone (presumably then to collect)

1 Like

what kind of shop where?

I absolutely agree - with the onset of colder weather how can warm clothing for you or your children not be essential items?

2 Likes

The manager of the Leclerc has the initiative to find a solution to a politician made problem! Hats up to him/her!

1 Like

Perhaps the politicians do not have kids of growing age and therefore that is beyond their scope!

1 Like

I have bought from Hotter, mail order. They replace at their expense without question. When I asked if a favourite pair could be resoled because, after 2 years, I had walked them to death but the leather uppers were perfect, they sent me a new pair! The waste involved with moulded soles.

1 Like

Tabac, Carmaux in the Tarn :wink:

other end of France from you (although I did teach for a year at St Ilan just outside St Brieuc 20 years ago)

As Matt said earlier the idea of the blocking off of aisles is to speed up the shopping process,lower the time spent in stores and therefore hopefully reduce the spread of the virus Itā€™s not about being convient for people

5 Likes

If you need kids clothing order online via Kiabi.

Thereā€™s always a better selection than in the stores anyway.

I noticed on my brief shopping trip yesterday that I can smoke, drink & eat as much shit as I see fitā€¦chocolate, biscuits, etcā€¦I canā€™t however buy wool, or buy paints or colouring books for any young children I may haveā€¦or even socks ffs

I ventured out to our local Carrefour today, needed more beer and whiskeyā€¦The ā€œnon-essentialsā€ - video games, CdS, menā€™s socks/underwear, toys and Christmas decks were taped off, but I got the impression it was just window dressing and that if you put it in your trolley, they wouldnā€™t not take your money at the caisse. I did notice (I was only looking, honestā€¦) that ladies underwear was not locked off.

I REALLY need socks. Either the sock monster came over summer and ate them all or I have them all stashed somewhere (possibly in the ā€˜find a friend gameā€™ bag) which I canā€™t seem to locate! I dontā€™ want to pay ā‚¬6 to have a ā‚¬6 pack of socks delivered!

This is quite right. Even though I have a 6 year old birthday coming up (know I should have grabbed the lego the other day!!) and it is annoying it is for a good reason.

1 Like

Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft are supported on the governmental level, they are so powerful that they own our lives and make decisions for us. I am trying to avoid Amazon as much as I can and support other businesses. Amazon bought a chain of grocery stores in US - where does the antimonopoly department do? And then Bezos will be awarded a ā€˜Sirā€™ title for doing what he is told and for that being allowed to be the reachest men in the world.