The nonsense of blocking off of nongrocery items

To be fair, winter has hit this hemisphere at this time of year for the past several millennia, the pandemic has been around for over half the year with the possibility of further lockdowns etc, surely the issue of warm winter clothes could have been sorted out in advance. I accept that children grow, it’s not rocket science to buy the next size up. For adults what did you wear last winter? Did it all fall apart at the seams in March We are trying to control a disaster here

1 Like

Personally I am all in favour of blocking off everything that is not designed either to go in you or help you keep yourself clean.

It drives me absolutely friggin demented when I go to the supermarket to buy bog roll and cat food and find aisles moved around to make space for Halloween tat and Christmas decorations.

We all have way too much stuff already and the planet doesn’t need anymore unnecessary ‘stuff’ being produced.

Rant over!

9 Likes

Agree Eddie. Buy online for growing kiddies and adults can wear what they wore last year. A new woolie can wait a few weeks!
Izzy x

1 Like

If folk asked the question “can I live without (whatever)?” and answered it honestly… there would be fewer folk out and about… in the shops or wherever… :wink:

7 Likes

Totally 100% agree!

4 Likes

They have done the same in Wales for the last two weeks. They even said that Ladies Hygiene products were ''non essential" Needless to say there was a riot of that. we cant buy a book or clothes. But you can buy booze before 2200hrs.

I was finally able to buy my socks from the agri co-op this afternoon.
They’re once again allowed to sell clothes, as there appear to be certain conditions regarding the surface area of the shop, in relation to the amount taken up by…whatever, whatever…in short, I got my socks…& was happier for buying them locally.

2 Likes

Its started again in blighty, cant get bog roll from Tesco. How much toilet roll does a person need?

1 Like

glad you’ve got warm feet… :wink: :+1: