The panic at the borders

I think the checking with someones work place is probably the easiest follow up. You just need someone and a phone

I canā€™t actually see any inflaming? I admit I donā€™t fully understand everything, but to me it is all informative and a bit of the usual mild humour.

If you are self employed and canā€™t handle a 14 days away from work then that person and company is in bigger problems than a 14 day isolation is only a small problem with that person company then you probably donā€™t have money to go on holiday in the first place

1 Like

I hope that many people can work from home if they have to undergo isolation, but of course not everyone can.

They have been ignored all along Izzy.
They hate anyone not on PAYE and IR35 has become progressively worse over the years.
This is affecting consultants for government, who are usually brighter than their government counterparts. they are being forced to work through the large firms and this is putting up the cost of good advice.

enjoy your weekendā€¦ there are those who do know what I am talking aboutā€¦ :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think thereā€™s a degree of subtlety goes on , almost subliminal but people know what to say to push other peopleā€™s buttons

3 Likes

Okay, I will play with my toys and stay in my happy little world. You enjoy your weekend too.

Remind me what your job is?

Some people have families, if they take that holiday now they wonā€™t have it at other times, eg other school holidays when they might need it more.

5 Likes

And perhaps 6 months ago someone with their own company may well have been able to handle 2 weeks off ,but since the pandemic the situation has changed

4 Likes

Well said @vero and @Eddie. Although Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s any point in attempting to point out the obvious to someone who seems to have no grip on reality.
Izzy x

Edit: too many ā€œpointsā€ in that sentence but really not sure how to say it differently!!

2 Likes

I read of one father and son who travelled back from Spain through France and caught the train at Lille. They were ordered to quarantine because the train had originated at Bruxelles.

They need Hercule or Miss Marple on the job. The case of the hibernating holidaymaker. Shitty Patel is already working on the case of the missing migrant.

1 Like

All those dinghies, racing desperately across the English Channel, being shot by Farage, and then ā€˜oops. those were the English heading home before quarantine comes inā€™.

Interesting dilemnas and ingenious solutions. My sister-in-law (who lives in S Wales) and her son and family (who live in Cheshire) are currently with us and sailing home next week via St Malo/Portsmouth. They have NO idea if they are allowed to drop off sister-in-law near Cardiff and then continue the next day to Cheshire. And can they stop en route if the 5 year old needs to wee?

Not eating out hardly counts as sacrifice, Gilly! We have just started eating out again, but then we live in an area where there has been no case of Covid 19 for over 2 months. (Fingers crossedā€¦)

First line contact is via phone. I suppose they might catch the odd idiot who answers the phone & admits to being down the pub but presumably there will only be a visit if they canā€™t be contacted by phone.

Plus knowledge of that personā€™s workplace. Hint: they donā€™t ask for it on the form you fill in.

1 Like

Yes, they can drop off & stay overnight. They just need to put the address down on the form.

Of course they stop en route if the 5 year old needs to wee. They could be travelling by public transport. This is Quarantine Lite. Itā€™s just for show & virtue signalling like wearing masks. Pointless but makes everybody feel better that something is being done & that they have some sort control over this disease.

Must confess that as kidsā€¦ we would wee in the bushesā€¦ and all these years laterā€¦ I notice that parents will take the little ones into the far corner of my gardenā€¦ if the kids are caught short at a wedding or whatever at the church oppositeā€¦ and canā€™t manage the 200 yds to the Public WCā€™s at the SdFeteā€¦

I deliberately let the kiwi rampage ā€¦ to allow them a little privacyā€¦ :hugs: :rofl: :rofl:

such wild happenings might be safer than using public toilets during these difficult timesā€¦