The Queen's Jubilee - A Time To Celebrate?

on the other hand… clearly… many people did participate etc etc etc… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Indeed, many from all over the country celebrated. Don’t get the grumpy negativity.

1 Like

I didn’t read Tim’s comments as negative, more like furthering the discussion

and I furthered it… :rofl:
that aside, in my opinion there is a lot of negativity (sometimes grumpiness) on this thread, which I don’t appreciate/like… but life goes on… this is a forum, after all.

I think Prince Philip is standing next to her. :grin:

6 Likes

It’s a lovely photo… and, of course, she’s at the front and the others are actually standing slightly back from her (it’s her day after all…) but I do like to think that those we are close to never quite leave us… (no knocking my sentimentality, please… ) :rofl:

Edit: I love this photo of them both… aaah.

7 Likes

I still bet that Dozy Dorries sanctioned it though as it would have crossed her desk as SoS for Culture, Media et al :smile:

1 Like

That’s why they left the gap.

I know. :slight_smile: In fact in the video William moves one of the boys out the way to leave room.

1 Like

My only regret in all of it was that someone (who I wonder?) felt the need to turn George into a little stuffed shirt! Suit and tie at his age? Really? He was at a gig for heavens sake. I would love to have seen him on Diana’s knee, being rocked backwards and forwards, both of them singing at the tops of their voices.

1 Like

TBH whilst I am a Royalist I have often thought those very words about his father. Thank heavens for Kate.

1 Like
1 Like

Didn’t give me a horse for my 70 years on the throne… :rage:

Don’t you just hate constipation? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If you eat a horse then you probably won’t be constipated. :smile:

Or better still, have some fish soup… works wonders… :rofl: :roll_eyes: :+1:

Depends how well you chew it. :cry:

Edit: Sorry didn’t mean to lead the thread astray like that, only just discovered the Humour thread (no idea how I missed it) and have just binged the whole 2 hundred and something posts in it. :astonished:

3 Likes

I wonder if the message with the horse read " a horse, a horse, your kingdom for a horse :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Think most people in the UK were just desperate to celebrate anything after the howler of a few years that they have had.

The horse gift reminded me of the Yes, Prime Minister episode where the visiting French President insisted on giving a puppy, the offspring of a previously received gift, to the Queen but nobody knew how to avoid the 6 month quarantine without giving insult. :rofl:

OH follows BBC UK News and he brought this to my attention… and I think it puts things quite nicely.

2 Likes