The week in Tory Land

I’m sorry you don’t understand :roll_eyes:

Oh please, just put your ideas forward as to how this will be fixed!!!

Enough!!! How are expats moving to France allowed a UK winter allowance benefit? It’s been a madness from the start. You move countries to a warmer climate why?

you are passive aggressive

Can you explain why the WFP is made to UK pensioners in Spain, Greece, Italy and other warmer climes but was withdrawn from pensioners in France?

1 Like

I did this, you didn’t respond:

Well, if that is your answer, it does not fix the current problems regarding energy and cost of living in the short term nor a solution for the long term. You are talking semantics

The use and creation of energy has not crept up upon UK. Decisions have been taken to remove abilities to create (coal fired etc) , not invest in alternate methods. Instead import energy from overseas which is not good.

Onshore Wind energy has been shown time and time again to be the cheapest and quickest to install but is obviously subject to weather without a significant storage.

I would have ramped up dramatically on shore wind for short term and transitioned to offshore wind plus nuclear as soon as possible (5-10 years)

3 Likes

candjq it’s not a warmer climate. Sicily is warmer and so is most of Italy but they don’t have sparsely populated islands in the Indian Ocean for IDS to use to fake the figures so as to deprive the biggest diaspora in Europe of UK pensioners of what basically was a pension increase. It was sleazy.

I am sorry if you leave because you seem to be someone who will question things and say they are wrong. I quite agree about the political threads there’s too many of them. But I only took exception when a well-known poster (not John) insisted on bullying his way onto a thread on a completely different topic with unwanted political comment that contributed nothing to that particilar thread and wouldn’t desist even when politely asked by the person who’d started the thread and was looking for relevant answers.

So we need a few more like you but on a purely political thread like this one it’s best to ignore it if you don’t want to participate. Also in most social groups both on- and offline most people take time to work out who"s who and how the group works before challenging

1 Like

It was done to pensioners in France because as the biggest diaspora they were the biggest target to hit to avoid the cost of what was basically a pension uprating. Even Greece did not have fake figures invented about their climate? I dom’t know this btw, just guessing

Fundimental political reform is not symantics.

I would also restore the fixed term parliament act and set at 5 years. These 2 measures would bring significantly more stability to UK politics and would be representative of the way people voted with all votes counting the same.

1 Like

but Karen, politics touches almost every part of our everyday lives no matter where you live and burying your head in the sand doesn’t resolve matters.
How or where else can people vent their spleen when the only thing they did have - a vote - has now been denied them both in France, where they live, and in the UK if they have been absent for more than 15 years…

1 Like

and effect PR… thwart the Tories from skewing the vote by changing boundaries to suit their ends, not the electorate.

yeah, just don’t need quite as many threads though.

I am more frustrated about not being able to vote even in local elections in France.

1 Like

I confess I would have preferred it had this thread not been hijacked for the present discussion :thinking:

you have the gatekeepers keys to be able to split the topic if that is what you desire…

1 Like

I think I will, later, still doing the 9-5 at the moment.

clear a #stayontopic optional tag with Cat maybe in that case?

Oh lord, it’s just bashing our heads against a brick wall with you.You fight back but don’t give your analysis and reasons

Have I missed a reply somewhere?

I have been working and drop by to SF when I can.