The week in Tory Land

yeah, just don’t need quite as many threads though.

I am more frustrated about not being able to vote even in local elections in France.

1 Like

I confess I would have preferred it had this thread not been hijacked for the present discussion :thinking:

you have the gatekeepers keys to be able to split the topic if that is what you desire…

1 Like

I think I will, later, still doing the 9-5 at the moment.

clear a #stayontopic optional tag with Cat maybe in that case?

Oh lord, it’s just bashing our heads against a brick wall with you.You fight back but don’t give your analysis and reasons

Have I missed a reply somewhere?

I have been working and drop by to SF when I can.

How about calling Tory story, now that Buzz Johnson has gone to infinty and beyond when in reality he never really was on the same planet as the rest of us. Have we now got a Liz Johnson?

1 Like

What I’d like to know is why they (truss and Johnson) both flew to Aberdeen to see queenie, but in separate RAF planes?

2 Likes

Did you miss this fairly specific reply:

1 Like

shocking waste of money during a financial crisis… no better than the reports that de Pfeffle’s private RAF jet was used by officials for a boozy jolly up to the Lake District and back recently to “test it out” (they’ve been taking a leaf out of Cummings’ book re eyesight testing) and to save on parking fees, allegedly… the bloody plane is kept at an RAF base owned by HMG FFS… :roll_eyes:
feeble excuses from Number 10 as usual…

They are very good replies but I don’t think it is really a give and take kind of conversation. Engagement is missing.

2 Likes

Not unknown for air crew to take a 747 out, stick it in a holding pattern and break out the booze.

Well yes I can actually :slightly_smiling_face:.

8 Likes

Basically security protocol, if one plane crashes you have a still Priminister to lead the Country.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

:thinking:
What happens if the one in the substantive post gets wiped out?

Such a lovely boy… where did it all go wrong?

I know that “security reasons” has been quoted for the reason they took separate planes (I saw they used French planes too, not British ones :rofl:) but I don’t buy it. If the plane crashed, yeah the PM is dead and either the incoming or the outgoing one too, but that’s why there’s a deputy PM.

I heard that Johnson, unlike Truss, didn’t head back to London after seeing the Queen. This to me sounds like a more plausible reason why they didn’t care about the financial cost (£10k p/hour each) or environmental impact (200kg of carbon per person per flight).

They each had a separate plane because… the same rule as my old firm had. They are the 2 most important people im the country right now and in the event of an air accident, the country couldn’t afford to lose both of them.