They may be man's best friend but should dogs (or their feline friends) be allowed to sleep on the bed?

I gave a home to this one as his owner was divorcing and had to move to an appartment.

And collies are so intelligent. Mine are just lunatics from the SPCA in Malta and a refuge here. The only time they seem to put their brains in gear is to sniff out food.

I had mine at fourteen months, but then he is a Border Collie!

Good lord, how did you manage that? If I tell my two to stay somewhere, they look at each other then look at me with the 'yeah, right' expression and carry on walking. Maybe if I'd had them as puppies so they knew from the start, I might get somewhere. Oh well, still love them. Usually.

A bit of both I think. Our present dog, a Border Collie, is very obedient and we told him to stay downstairs and he did. Only now I am becoming a bit lax.

Oh bless, he was protecting you. Or just being plain sneaky. I like to think the former.

I've got a mid size ta'caxxa and a demented papillon cross - luckily they're both scared of the moggies so it helps keep them off. Otherwise I'd be kipping on the floor. I've got a double bed but I still end up playing Twister trying to ease in between the two furballs who seem to expand like puffer fish at bedtime and hog the bed.

Difficult to stop the cats but they don't take up too much room. The dog is not allowed, he used to not come upstairs but sneaks up in the mornings to wait for us. My previous dog used to get on the bed when OH was away

lol luckely ive got a westie, so he fits the criteria haha

Ha ha ha, you don't ask for much Claire!

I must admit the cats sleep with me with or without fleas (I have to catch them first for the drops, little beggars - they're fast). I was sort of okay with the puppy at the end of Twerp's bed, sleeping on an old sheet I put there to help with the hairs. But then I found a tick just laying there...

one dog yeh but only if its small, dosen't malt and ya in a kingsize bed lol

Cats yes if they are clean and flee free (as best as they can be), dogs no!