Things that the world find weird about the Brits

Thanks Debby. Might have to treat ourselves for Christmas (aaaggghhh that word again!!!)

1 Like

Try the Gammon joints, really nice especially on a smoker or cooked low & slow with a lovely Bourbon glaze! I got a chunk of sirloin that I cut into steaks for the bbq this summer…bliss!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. Will have a good look at the website.

Why would I want to buy pork products in the middle of the night?

1 Like

Aha David, maybe the “black hole” refers to the hours between midi et 15h00 where here in rural France everyone is either eating, sleeping or contemplating Brexit :rofl:

5 Likes

I’ve been washing my mouth out all evening, with beer :joy::joy::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

2 Likes

Shame on you Mark, I did imagine you with a bottle of white , firstly to rinse away all those ‘bad words’ followed by perhaps a cheeky little red number, with of course some suitable cheese.
How can I possible explain to my French friends that you are indulging with …sacre bleu’ BEER !
I am now in shock and not sure I can ever look a :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree: in the face again :scream::scream:

Why do you not have a go at making them yourselves?
Hotvwater crust pastry is not difficult as long as you have everything to hand.

1 Like

Possibly the sort of thing I might try in the holidays but absolutely not when I am working. I like cooking when I have time for it but when I am working it is a chore and a bore.

In my area the vast majority of the shops and many business stay open over lunch time. Not that it worries me because I eat then.

The trouble is, wine just doesn’t do it for me if I’m thirsty, which is a lot of the time :joy:. I do like wine (only red), but I tend to drink too much too quickly with the inevitable result of getting pissed.:frowning::beer::beer::beer:

2 Likes