'This is Brexit' - family gets 30 days to leave France

Same applies to all newspapers, particularly the UK gutter press.

I stopped buying Connexion a few months after I joined SFN, because I found the former was about three months behind the latter with the news, and much more authoritative and accurate about everything. :hugs::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Not anymore Pete.

The Connexion online is pretty much instant with it’s news. It may get one or two facts wrong but it’s still an excellent source of French news for English speakers. It usually has links in it’s articles to the source material or to French sites which give more information. It’s a great starting point for those with no/limited French who can then go on, if they like, to search for more information or clarification in French/English.

1 Like

Now then Mandy… fair do’s… I’ve been looking at The Connexion… and they seem to have “copied” or “cribbed” several of the topics we have been discussing… in the past few months.

OK not the latest family crisis… where that family put in a request for CdS before finding out what the criteria actually was. Obviously, that lady (IT literate???) did not bother consulting the Internet or the Forum… and paid the price… :zipper_mouth_face::wink::hugs:

1 Like

Very useful tip, Mandy, 'cos being tight-fisted I tended to buy Connexion when it was a month out of date anyway and there was one dog-eared copy left.,:slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Save your money Peter… you can visit them on-line and read it all for FREE… I do that every so often… just to see what they are up to. It’s true… they do have some interesting stuff… but not worth paying for IMO … :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Too true Stella. If she had only asked for some advice on here… :wink:

1 Like