Timewalker with Words

Blue square of salt? A twist of blue paper containing salt in my day.

1 Like

The National Anthem at TV closedown and at the cinema.

Used to live near the Smiths Crisps factory in Gt Yarmouth in the 60s. The smell of the crisps cooking was heaven.

Tv having a close down

The television test card with the little girl and a clown doll and possibly some balloons (?).

2 Likes

Open back double decker, Yorkshire Range, coal fires, outside loo, fish and chips wrapped in newspaper, pickled eggs, walking to school and home again. Lollipop lady at school gates, mud pies, mud slides, cobbled streets, dustbins full of ash and we all paid with cash!

1 Like

“This is the BBC Home Service. It’s Five O’Clock, and time for Children’s Hour. Hello, children, everywhere…”. Uncle Mac and Uncle David, Toy Town with ‘Larry " Oh, Mister Mayor, Sir! I’m only a little" Laaaaamb’.:hugs::smiley:. [1945-47]?

And the potters wheel and the angel fish.

Listen with Mother after lunch.
Dinky donk.

Youth clubs and cubs.

I think I probably got it from the ‘physical’ bit! Never got as far as GCE’s and all that. Funny enough when applying for French Nationality I found my School Leaving ‘Certificate’ - and what a dreary piece of paper; On the back are typed the subjects I ‘passed’ in - 10 in all, although how I passed in Mathematics amazes me! 1O subjects got me a ‘Pass 2nd Level’
I used to wonder how passing in all the subjects didn’t get 1st Level, but I suppose the overall marks were all crap?

Particular memory of mine this, as I was backstage with my old friend of the time when he made his first ever appearance ‘South’. A bloke called Ken Dodd - wonder whatever happened to him?

First TV I ever watched was Muffin the Mule with Humphrey Lestoq! Never forgotten them. I must have been 6-7 at the time (1946?)

The Man in Black with Valentine Dyall, Dick Barton Special Agent?

What about the ultimate radio lunacy that no-one ever questioned ‘Educating Archie’?
A ventriloquist’s Dummy?! (Peter Brough. I once saw him on-stage and he never even tried to keep his lips still!

Crikey another nudge MaxGeldray the Harmonica Player on the Goons. I think it was the same show, and they threw out dozens of one octave little harmonicas. You could play ‘The Happy Wanderer’ on it but not much else - got me hooked just the same.

I can remember a television logo which was a picture of St Paul’s and the Thames - maybe Thames television? Accompanied by about 5 notes possibly on some brass instrument. And another one which was like 3 cats’ eyes which were one but then came out vertically like an accordeon, white on a black background. This would be in the late 60s when I was 4 or 5.

Cod Liver OIl and Malt as I recall? I got biffed many a time for stealing a teaspoon of this - loved it!

1 Like

Remember the rack of coloured bus tickets? All carried a magic number adding up to 21 meant a girl had to kiss you, 23 meant a fumble at a juvenile breast, and the greatest of all was a 25 which meant ‘going all the way’ although none of us really knew what that meant :thinking::crazy_face:

Being an angelic ( -looking) choirboy in the largest parish church in England in the 60s. Two Songs of Praise and two radio appearences to my name too ! It was good fun apart from the church services hich were inconvenient cos’ we had a youth club within the choir set-up with a fotie team etc and the wedding paid two and six per wedding ! :+1:

This one Vero?

Yes, that’s it! Now what about the cats’ eyes? :laughing: