Titre/carte de Séjour

Sue are you getting a pdf… if so, scroll down and after the blurb it gives a form to fill in… I’ve lost it myself now… but it was there… honestly…:wink:

Try at https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F16003

It’s service-public.fr, not service-publique.fr

Ok I’m giving up on this now. Paul that link takes me to the web page I’ve already got listing what documents you need, who is eligible to apply ect but still can’t see anywhere any form that needs filling in and I’ve been into every drop down box on that page. Maybe the fact that I’m on a tablet has something to do with it.
No pdf Stella-just the web page from service-public.fr -which I already had bookmarked and have looked through and I have never seen any form on there to fill in. In fact the only form it brings up is something to do with employment.Thanks everyone anyway. I you had to have it-it would be easier to find.

There are  some forms kicking around online - such as this one http://www.pas-de-calais.gouv.fr/content/download/4939/25702/file/IMPRIME%20Demande%20titre%20de%20sejour.pdf but from the URLs they look to be per-département, rather than global.

The link is not to the form, which is issued by the Préfecture of La Manche, who supplied it to me. It was seemingly first issued in its existing form in April 2018.

The link takes you to, I am informed, the latest protocols on who can apply, and what supporting evidence is required in the applicant’s dossier.

I could scan and copy the form, but it’s almost certainly not prudent to do so, but it is quite short and has the following sections:

Etat-Civil du Demandeur

Votre situation familiale

Vos enfants

Attachés familiales en France, dans le pays d’origine ou à l’etranger

Votre Document d’identité actuel

Votre entrée en France

Votre situation professionelle

Applicants are also asked to state their langue habituelle ou maternelle, and to attest (or otherwise) that they have at least an elementary ability to speak and read French. And that they are not in a polygamous or polyandrous marriage :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

It seems that they are quite public.

It’s academic, though, if Sue is in 24. This page is the equivalent for the Dordogne but does not seem to link directly to any form - maybe a bit of exploring will be fruitful.

I’m glad you were able to hunt it down, Paul. We have just finished our dossier together to take to St Lo tomorrow morning and hand it over with palsied hands and hearts in mouths… well, not quite that. But there’s a growing feeling that things are not going well for the “deal” that is or isn’t on the table, wherever that wobbly thing may or may not be…

Will comment on the outcome at some future time… :roll_eyes:

Sounds grim, so hope it eventually turns out well, Andrew. What will it feel like to be French, do you think? I once considered applying for Zambian citizenship, but they required me to relinquish UK citizenship irrevocably, and I had cold feet.

1 Like

Thanks, Peter. As for feeling French, I already do most of the time: my other half and kids are French and we speak in French at home and at work and always have done (I own and run a tabac where customers are 99.9% French) I ride for and sponsor my local cycling club which gives me a buzz seeing everyone riding round with my business name on their maillots :smiley:
I could wait another 13 years - I’ll have the right to French nationality then: over 65, 25+ years residency and parent to French kids but decided to get on with it now, should have done it years ago really but it’s a lot of hassle when you’re busy with work and kids! At least in France you don’t have to revoke your existing nationality.

3 Likes

It is very perplexing Andrew. We initially thought we would take citizenship, but we now find Jim’s back is in a worse state than we had thought and having the carte de sejour is being touted as a good precursor for citizenship.

We still hope that a green card system will be introduced.

If I do anything, it will be citizenship, as it will apparently be relativly simple, no language requirement for example :slightly_smiling_face:

Bill, the application dossier for citizenship is far more detailed and the process far longer than a carte de séjour, which is normal, it’s a far bigger step/decision/engagement :wink:
Jane, I think the carte de séjour gives people a sense of security and the right to be here but it doesn’t actually change anything in reality in the current situation and as nothing seems to have been decided for post-brexit it’s no guarantee for the future either… we’ll have to wait and see…!

1 Like

It’s simpler for me, because of my age and having being married to a French Citizen for nearly 10yrs Andrew

Not sure it’ll be simpler than a carte de séjour, I’m pacsed to a French woman (although that doesn’t change the application and have French kids too) I also don’t have to take the language test as I’ve been through university here in France/have a bac+4. But the amount of paperwork required for naturalisation compared with a simple carte de séjour is enormous :open_mouth:
:wink:

1 Like

While it might not change anything in the immediate term it does, at least, force one to get all the documents in a line and gets you proof that you have been in the French system - hopefully that will, at least, ease the burden of supplying documentation later on.

And if the French decide to just automatically swap any EU CdS issued to a UK national for an “ordinary” CdS even better.

So I can see why one might want to apply, but I can also see why the French might say that there is no point.

1 Like

OK :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It think Bill is right though, at least in the sense that his application for citizenship would be easier than someone < 65, as he is in his mid 80’s (so no language requirement) and has been in France > 10 years (so probably has right of abode anyway).

Not sure it would be easier than a CdS application which does look moderately straightforward.

2 Likes

Hey Paul, early 70’s is old enough Mate! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

yep, I think we were talking at cross purposes, I’m almost in the same boat as Bill, no language requirement (for educational reasons not age) and over 10 years in France so no hassle with the cassier vièrge etc. and I have the right to remain for various reasons including French kids. As you say, the carte de séjour is a far eaiser and less hassle process for something that is quite different - and this is the big point that many seem to be missing - applying for naturalisation is a bigger step, you’re applying to be a citizen of another country, accepting all that goes with it, the process involves not only a much heavier dossier but interviews where your knowledge of France and its institutions, history, and functioning are tested. Becoming a citizen you can vote and have your say, you may be called for jury service, military/civil service (age dependant of course!) It’s a very different ball game! In other countries you have to renounce your existing nationality - I think people would see the significance of the process if this were the case here in France :wink:
On the contrary, a carte de séjour is just a bit of paper saying you have the right to live here for a certain period :smiley: