To Hell or Rwanda

Tim, if you don’t know you’ll never know. But just to help, look at where the top Tories went to school and university.

1 Like

Personally I would threaten to send them to Grimsby.

1 Like

Thanks for being rude, David Cameron, George Osborne, Sir Keir Starmer and Sir Ed Davey all went to Oxford so I guess that makes them part of the ‘ruling class’ as well yet strangely enough they were all on the ‘Remain’ side. Add in 1200 business leaders who wrote to the Times saying Brexit will be bad for the economy and I’m struggling to see many of the ‘elite’ other than (Johnson and Rees-Mogg of course) who actually wanted out.

The ‘proles’ as you nicely put it were fed up of the ‘ruling class’ and totally unconvinced by the ‘Remain’ campaign, that’s why they voted ‘Leave’.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

That would be a yes Tim. But not all the ruling class is evil :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

As you know, based on past experience, I don’ t bother interacting with you, but you asked a question, based on a comment I made to Graham, and I answered it. To be utterly frank I don’t care what you think and you are probably better off ignoring my own lunatic ramblings :slightly_smiling_face:

Pax

Which you believe as fact of course, that must be a source of concern for those around you. :grinning:

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: - :zipper_mouth_face:

Step away from the keyboards chaps and give it a couple of days - nothing will be gained from this.

4 Likes

It’s just what passes as social media banter Mat so as long as we don’t start calling each other names I can’t see what the problem is. :grinning:

1 Like

I have no desire to interact with you, can’t you just accept that?

Er, you just have. :wink:

1 Like

Gents, just mute each other.

I wonder if we’re all too old to bother trying to actually discuss topics these days. People just can’t seem to have different opinions and talk to each other without throwing faeces at every one they disagree with.

Just come from another forum where they were discussing immigrants to Rwanda. 2 groups, neither of whom would listen to the other. Both with valid points, one group especially baiting and points scoring off the other. :slightly_frowning_face:

We used to be better than this.

3 Likes

I’ll fully acknowledge that I often ‘push people’s buttons’ but most of the time it’s done to challenge the ‘sheep like’ hatred of the UK or offer a different view on a particular subject, some can take this but others can’t so resort to throwing insults, this doesn’t bother me in the slightest because we are all anonymous, never likely to be friends and life’s too short.

3 Likes

Just as one meets people one doesn’t like in the “real” world one meets people one doesn’t like in the ether. I have interacted with Tim in the past and I don’t like him. I made a mistake above by responding when he butted in to a comment I made to Graham.

I understand that John. There are few here that I think I’d dislike in meatspace, but their online personas are quite hard to cope with at times. For me, the online conflict is disappointing because of the way it divides, and only creates greater enmity and friction. .

1 Like

There is a world of difference between the first two - privileged background, public school, then Oxford and the latter two, especially Starmer who only attended Oxford only for a one year post graduate degree.

In any case Oxford per-se isn’t the problem, plenty of people from ordinary backgrounds get into Oxford on merit.

It’s the privileged, public school, Oxford Bullingdon club types who are the problem.

3 Likes

Accept that on the whole they didn’t vote for Brexit which was the main disagreement with my bestie.

Petty arguments aside and back on subject,the UK Government and their policies have been described by the Archbishop of Canterbury as "ungodly"in his Easter message,i would say he is spot on.

1 Like

Yes, which is why I wrote “school and university” above. It’s a nice production line .

Discounting Starmer and Davey as not representing the mind set that a privileged background automatically entitles one to high office (didn’t Cameron want to be PM because he thought he’d be “rather good at it”), I think Cameron would almost have been in the Leave camp had he not been PM, he certainly wasn’t exactly a fan of the EU.

No, not all that set were anti-EU, even Johnson had previously said that he was in favour of membership despite many years sending copy which was critical, usually inaccurate but lapped up by too many uncritical readers.

Johnson was the main protagonist, in an act simply designed to further his own career.