To profile picture or not to profile picture

It's the preference, Carl. As you said, when you were reading the ipad thread you were met with black squares. It's back to the dinner party. Would you be happier chatting with someone who you could see (visually picture) or someone with a black bag over their head. It's simply polite. If you look in the FAQ tab above, you'll see the only requirement for membership is to use your read name, not a company name or a nickname. So, no, it's not compulsory but it's just so much more pleasant for other members.

Sometimes there are glitches, as in poor Shirley who's been trying to upload, but others need encouragement.

You can have your stripes back when you get your photo back Shirley! x

I took one of me using the iPad camera Carl,(not a good one and I don’t like it) but that didn’t stop me from trying to put it on my profile page - problem is I can’t, don’t know how to do that despite reading instructions on SFN - whoops sorry, but I also warn you I’m not a dolly bird any more and not really a new member on SFN , I just had to rejoin after all the computer hassle! I’ve got my 3 stripes having once been member of the month but I’ve lost those also no doubt!