Train strikes this week

Does anyone know how reliable the running trains are during the train strikes? I’m flying out of CDG on Thursday morning so to make sure I’m there in time, I booked a train (InOui) to Paris for Wednesday pm and a hotel near the airport. When the strike was announced I booked another train (Ouigo) in the hope that at least one of them would run. I also booked a Flixbus as a backup.
I’ve had confirmation that the Ouigo train has been cancelled but it seems that the original InOui train is running although it seems that this is the only scheduled train to be running that afternoon. My problem is that the bus (the last of 3 services to Paris that day) leaves several hours before the train, so do I take the bus to be safe, or should I risk waiting for the train ! Is the train guaranteed to run?

Be ‘safe’, avoid the stress, take the bus and then relax at the hotel.

The bus will run. The train normally runs…but it will packed and there’ll be a lot more people than tickets…

If there’s no connection they usually work fine - connections on strike days leave you miles from anywhere useful

The reason I hesitate is that the train takes 1hr 40mins whereas the bus takes 5hrs 40mins. I wonder what time I can be sure that the train is definitely running? I guess only once I know it’s left its original departure station

In theory you should be able to check whether that train is running the evening before. I give no guarantees tho’!

Look on the SNCF temps reél sites.

I’ve actually just had an email from SNCF that the InOui TGV is going to be running as planned so I’m going to stick with that . Thanks all for your input.

2 Likes