Travel Health insurance

Noooooo!
Will they reduce the monthly fee then?

Who knows at the moment, will have to keep an eye on them.

…that’s not an issue as we would stay in uk until able to travel…its different to being on hols

Well if I broke my hip, or had a heart attack (eg) when in UK I would want to get back to France asap for decent aftercare, rehab and physio!! Love the NHS, and complete faith in emergency care - but after that, no.

4 Likes

I would hazzard a guess that our dear gov like it that way to frighten people into private health.

Confirming. This is the leaflet I just received with my updated CEAM, in which the Royaume-Uni is clearly indicated as covered (last update to leaflet 11/2021).
20221107_carte_CEAM_explications.pdf (739.4 KB)

1 Like

Folk will take out Travel Insurance including repatriation… surely…
it’s recommended by both French and UK governments…

It feels a bit odd to have had to ask insurance broker to confirm this week whether the European breakdown cover on the policy they are quoting includes the UK

1 Like

So much better to be upfront and have the correct answer for your situation… :+1: :+1:

I was reading this thinking it was a new thread until I got to the bit about nationwide cancelling its travel insurance which of course was last year.

Just to say that coincidentally I got around to applying for health cards this week - I discussed this with someone from the NHS healthcare team when arranging for Madammes pensioner S1 last month, they advised we’d get GHIC’s.

However when looking on the website it clearly states that holders of S1’s prior to end of December 2020 are entitled to a EHIC because of the withdrawal agreeement, so because you get extra countries that’s what I applied for.

Needless to say we got immediate emails saying “The success of your UK EHIC application depends on your eligibility for an S1. After checking your record, we have found that you applied for an S1 but your application is on hold as we require further information from you.”

I did see you on the website that someone posted that they got e-mails saying not entitled then entitled and the cards eventually turned up.

In the meantime I have emailed them scans of the original S1’s from December 2020 so will see what happens -will probably have to phone next week.