UK attendance allowance and similar benefits (AA is tax free in UK) on online tax form

I definitely think it is worth giving them the extra info of where this new money is coming from… and let them decide where it should be ( the right “box”…)

Although the sum might well NOT bring you into tax thresholds… it can get messy later on if someone/clerk decides there is an error and starts making waves… none of us needs that extra stress… :roll_eyes:

It’s too late for us Maggi. I lost my husband 18 months ago.

I’m not surprised you hesitated in asking a question. Unfortunately, responses can be unkind but most people mean well and want to help. Good luck to you both.

Take care xx

they may seem unkind but factual (and I provided a link to support what I wrote).
Maybe in future @maggib should just ask the question, provide the answer she wants and then we can all move on and not bother with an honest or well intended response.
and for the record since you don’t know me from Adam @maggib , I too have serious health issues amongst which are; Type 2 diabetes, stroke, heart failure, triple bypass, kidney failure, failing eyesight and next week in hospital for a pacemaker/defibrillator so I am getting a life from a very responsive and capable French health service in answer to your rather unkind comment.

4 Likes

good luck for next week… :hugs:

I wasn’t referring to your comment just to responses in general which have become more unkind recently and I know others are concerned as well.

Why so combative and aggressive Graham?

I’m sorry you’re unwell but we are all dealing with something in our lives and it’s just as easy to respond kindly as I tried to do.

I used to love this site and I received so much help and support from people here at the darkest time of my life but this sort of exchange is one of the reasons I don’t post so much any more. :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

3 Likes

Thanks stella. OH keeps telling me it must be essential if they have called me in during the pandemic :thinking:

It needs doing… just grab the opportunity… I’ll be crossing my fingers and whatever else I can… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I know, just a little, how your OH must be feeling… let’s hope we can all laugh this off, in months to come… :relaxed: :relaxed:

1 Like

I didn’t think for one moment you were @anon92567933 but what you said was a convenient place to quote from. Sorry if you misunderstood my intent.
But you must agree that @maggib telling me to “get a life” was inappropriate so it needed to be said and for the record, I was in no way combative or aggressive. Quite restrained actually :cool:

Hi Mandy…

I no longer follow threads which raise my blood pressure ie coronavirus/brexit

had to mute them for my own sanity… but there are still good threads and it is important that those of us with experience (and you have that in spades)… do stick with it…

what goes around, comes around… and we need to keep it moving… :relaxed: :relaxed:

1 Like

Ok Graham, thank you. I agree that response was not necessary either and that’s why I referred to the whole exchange in my last sentence.

I wish you well and hope that next week is a success.

Take care x

1 Like

Thanks Stella.

Hugs to you xx

the proof of the pudding, as they say :smile:

Quite honestly, I am getting beyond exasperated with the “ I used to XXX but now I don’t XXX’

You (plural) have two options - post more positively (and this has a knock on effect) or leave. Just stop complaining before you go. Cheers.

And good luck Graham xx

1 Like

Sadly, I guess that was partly aimed at me.
After 7 years I think it’s time to go.

My sincere condolences Mandy

2 Likes

aimed at me too so I will join you.

Hope you don’t go, Mandy. You are one of the posters I would miss. (Sign of the times no doubt but I seem to be blocking more and more posters - when I look at threads these days I am seeing about as many 'This post is blocked" as actual posts!)

I appreciate that it’s Cat and James’ forum and they don’t want the hassle. But I could just mention that on a couple of the other forums I belong to (one for camping-caristes and one professional- which incidentally are both less “money-making” than this one) the owners/mods have stepped up and dealt sympathetically but firmly with the increase in bickering, which seems to be universal in these days of lockdown.

1 Like

I hope you don’t go either Mandy x

1 Like

Yes please don’t leave Mandy I haven’t seen much of you on the forum but you seem very sensible and approachable

Hi Mandy, it would be a shame to leave after being a member for so long. I hope, like the others here, that you change your mind.
All the best
Izzy x

1 Like