UK Covid analysis

And Victor Meldrew, I don’t believe it!

and Spike Milligan KBE

Oh my goodness, another thread descending into nastiness. The group admins on another post are reminding people to post more positively so perhaps we can all take that advice.
I hope you are all enjoying the sunny weather.
Izzy x

3 Likes

been pissing down here Izzy :smile:

Hehe!! You know people can see that word if they click on it? How do you do that?
Izzy x

@IzzyM simple use the square bracket [ then the word “spoiler” (without quotes)close square bracket ] type your word or sentence then repeat the same but with a “/” before the word spoiler ie /spoiler like this
Some others to play with Underline text

What sunny weather Irene? Can’t even see Roquebrune anymore :frowning_face:

BTW I’ve a sister called Irene.

1 Like

With regard to the shortage of PPE, I hear that some UK manufacturers are still waiting for approval. Just wondering why manufacturers have to wait while people making similar items at home & supplying hospitals do not?
Seems daft!

Hi John, I imagine that’s a lovely view when the sun is shining. It’s not bad in the rain. Hopefully it will clear up tomorrow and you can post a photo of the same view with no clouds. I would love to see that.
Irene means peace, by the way, isn’t that nice?
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Izzy x

1 Like

I think there’s been a lot of potential UK manufacturers complaining that they’d got in touch (I’m not sure if it’s with Public Health England or NHS procurement) with offers of assistance but have had no response.

The reports of ministerial incompetence in the Sunday Times and Guardian make sobering reading. Six weeks to prepare lost. It’s tragic. Strangely similar to Trumps missing month.

1 Like

This is because they are obviously going through the "proper"channels and some jobsworth is trying to polish their chair a bit more than usual. Those that are supplying PPE through the back door are to be commended until something goes wrong and the shit hits the fan. This is a result of all the liability claims made against medical device manufacturers in the past. The fact that much needed PPE is being trucked out of the UK and into the EU is beyond me and surely many other people. That is the flaw in the system of supply and the government is allowing this.

Just 9 days to go until 100,000 tests per day in UK - wahoooo

Yet they are not even testing to their current capacity which is … interesting

Don’t forget that Johnson promised 250,000 tests a day, people seem to have forgotten that one.

1 Like

You have to wonder why they say these things without any hope of being able to achieve them.

Presumably as a distraction of the immediate problem in the hope people will not remember the pledge.

2 Likes

:point_up_2: This, precisely

As I said, no-one remembers the 250k pledge and no-one will pull Hancock up on the 100k pledge either.

Hancock is going to get crucified at the end of the month when the testing target isn’t reached and it wouldn’t surprise me if Johnson sacks him as a scapegoat not just for the testing failures but also the PPE shortages. There will a backlash against the Tories when this is all over, they’re just fortunate that an election is years away.

I’d like to think that there will be a backlash against the Tories but i am sceptical at present. Mainly because people’s memories are vanishingly short and the Tories have benefited from the fact that the current crisis takes peoples focus away from any reckoning for the last crisis (oh, how prescient Orwell was).

Where is the pressure for the Russia report to be release, or the Arcuri investigation?

It is possible Hancock will go as a scapegoat, heck it is possible Johnson will fall out of favour himself - but it will not really change anything in the medium term.

1 Like

I heard on the radio that UK manufacturers of PPE are exporting, not because they want to, but because the government has not contacted them.

It’s mad, isn’t it?