UK Covid analysis

So why do doctors groups as well as the government continually suggest the WHO standards are the ones to follow?

The Starmtroopers are being mobilised as we speak. God help us all.

How come? :ear::door::thinking:

He had ears that stuck out like the doors on the Traction Avant

I think Roger is probably correct - the WHO do not define the standards to which the PPE must be manufactured but they are making recommendations as to what PPE is appropriate for a given situation - which PHE is trimming down much to everyoneā€™s discomfort.

For instance we are now to re-use single-use face masks which is ludicrous.

Rogerā€™s other comment about the WHO was pretty closed-minded without some specific context though - they were certainly trying to raise awareness well before the US and UK governments started taking things seriously.

They are a UN outfit, and like many do not have much in the way of actual power - they need co-operation from national governments to achieve much of anything.

2 Likes

Then itā€™s misleading and wrong for the media, the medical profession and the government to continue to mention the WHO when discussing PPE, why not just say ā€˜the appropriate standard of protective equipmentā€™ instead?

1 Like

Ah, aka a ā€œwing nutā€ :grinning:

1 Like

Tim I have worked in Medical Devices for over 25 years, and not once have i seen a WHO standard. The approvals are all based on the ISO / ANSI Standards including the manufacturing processes. The WHO is only a body of individuals like politicians who couldnt hold a job in industry.

Paul, no it wasnt. Just a collection of wannabes costing money with no return other than suggestions. They need a serious weeding out.

Or Classics, so BoJo should know better. History repeats itself.

So Iā€™m guessing that you consider the other supra-national organisations like the UN and WTO useless as well?

They are only part time. Parliament has longer recesses than schools.

Following on from the article given by @Mat_Davies the UK Govt have taken the unusual step of issuing a rebuttal:

Obviously this issue isnā€™t serious enough to capture the PMā€™s attentionā€¦

1 Like

What do they have to do with the present crisis, and you shouldnt guess, presume or assume anything about other folks.

Iā€™m just trying to ascertain if your disdain is general or specific to the WHO.

What difference does it make. I believe i have mentioned this before (to you) It is nothing to do with you what my disdain is or whether it is general or specific. I have my reasons, to which you are not party. Close the matter and stay safe.

Well, what an unpleasant person you seem to want to be today.

Come on chaps donā€™t let another thread dissolve into pointless bitter comments - this is an important thread with excellent analysis.

Perhaps give this thread a wide berth for 24 hours

1 Like

Mat, hence my comment ā€œclose the matterā€.

I think this thread currently has my highest-ever ratio of

ā€œVOIR 1 RƉPONSE CACHƉEā€

Iā€™m mildly curious as to whatā€™s kicked off but Iā€™m not going to de-cacher any of them.

Play nicely, boyz and girlz :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: