UK Driving: Four New Driving Laws Coming In Sept 22

Perhaps plod should actually try enforcing the existing traffic laws for everyone instead of making up more laws.

I look forward to my next Duster having a speed limiter as I suspect I’ll never see it operate.

2 Likes

Last time I looked plod had no law-making powers.

5 Likes

ooops! :slightly_smiling_face:

I think the most important ones to watch if travelling to the UK by car (or hiring there) are the mobile phone one, the carrying of goods for hire and reward and the LEZ zones (in common with elsewhere in the EU).

Its just the usual click bait story going around and around to further big brother type controls.
About time the Express published it going to be the coldest winter since cold winters were invented yawn

2 Likes

@corona are you saying it’s fake news?

There’s nothing new - LEZ possibly but that’s hardly driving - just another parking ticket really.

The rest is old or tweaks to existing law

ummmm not so sure about that :thinking:
Do ANPR cameras come into play here as a vehicle enters the zone, matched against stickers/payments recorded and fines issued automatically to offenders?

Has nothing to do with parking though does it… a vehicle may be just “passing through” the zone against the regulation.

So absolutely nothing new then…

why do you say that?

Because it’s not changing anything - all that’s been in play for years - congestion charge - Dartford Tunnel and every moves been on anpr for years. There’s another charge/possible fine …

The reality is new highway code clarified things it changed absolutely nothing beyond giving tabloids and legal chancers click bait material.

1 Like

I think you’ll find much has been, is being changed… of course ANPR has been around for some time but the regulations concerning LEZ are extending to other areas which might be visited by unknowing French residents - which is the reason I posted it. As for the mobile phone use, the regulation is being extended beyond which French residents might be expecting since the same rules do not apply in the same way in France.
The purpose of the topic was simply to inform. If you’d prefer not to forewarn people visiting the UK then perhaps you should ask the forum owners to ban all such informative posts in future or just mute them if it offends you so much :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

On the same vein,
News just out that French driving law has changed and as of the 1st September 2022 you need a Critair sticker for your windscreen and some older polluting vehicles (as apposed to new polluting vehicles ) will not be allowed through some areas.

You dont need to pay the Dart charge if its the first time you have used it in a vehicle because they always let you off. Change your vehicle and another free trip!

I’ve got one on one car but not the old Berlingo. Not that I am going to be taking that more than 4 kms from here for shopping but just so as we know, how do we know, which areas are affected or do we just front up to a city and see a sign?

Or perhaps worse, front up to a city and not see a sign, and then get busted? :astonished:

There should be a ban on clickbait.

You have to have one. Ai cameras in the sky will spot the lack of sticker in the windscreen and thats your lot, a powerful lazer will shoot out your tyres

2 Likes

does that mean all posts have to be run past you first?

3 Likes

There should be a ban on linking to stories from the Express and the Mail… They are hardly ever accurate and generally downright misleading.

3 Likes