UK driving licences after Brexit - I'm glad I did not panic!

Since the end of June the resolution to this issue means that many have been able to issue a sigh of relief. The remaining fly in the ointment is those applying to exchange a licence due to expire in 6 months time cannot do so without their WARP or an old CdS. Many do not have the latter (as it wasn’t previously a requirement) and many are still awaiting the former.

We exchanged ours at the Prefecture… in those long-ago days when one could deal with a real person…

The lady was not worried by our plastic… whether or not it was in date… she wanted the paper… and we were happy to be able to oblige.

(Even back in 2019 when I posted on this thread, not everyone had “only” the plastic cards… and many still don’t.)

I’m sure there will be huge sighs of relief when folk finally get things sorted… and can wave the French DL…

(we’ve a pink cardboard one… valid for life or until the French Gov tell us to change)

Are you sure of your requirement, new one on me.
I undestood and a friend was just asked for a copy birth certificate Cof E both less than three months old. However anybody applying should be able to provide residency application attestation