UK driving licenses no longer valid in EU after Brexit?

The Connexion is good… but not as good as SFN… not that I am biased…:thinking::hugs:

2 Likes

actually, they are crap… the number of times I have seen incorrect reporting on things like taxation, exchange rates et al…

It’s great for the basics, especially as it’s aimed at Brits in France. I usually go on to have a look elsewhere to confirm what I’ve read.

I’ve just got home after fraught 10 days, and to cap it all got flashed near Orleans - grrrrrr. Doing 75 in a very short 70 zone, I honestly thought the limit was 80. Anyway, I’m probably going to get a ticket but still have my UK licence. Is there something on the “ticket” that asks for licence details? Thought I might use the opportunity to get my licence exchanged as it expires soon anyway, but I know they aren’t accepting new applications at the moment. Anyone changed their licence this way?

Hi Mark… glad to have you back safe and sound… hopefully the “fraught days” are at an end… and France’s special magic will restore your sanity

Re Exchange… I’m pretty sure that this is one of the accepted reasons for changing to French DL… which will work well for you anyway. … just wait and see what pops through the letterbox…

take care… :hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Thanks mum

1 Like

Hi Mark - I have just had a speeding ticket come through the post to my UK address (UK registered car) and there is nothing mentioned on it about my licence (UK licence).

I have no idea how the authorities will handle it if you car was French registered and the fine goes to your French address - sorry!

Hi Carl, yes French car, French address, UK licence - Not had a speeding ticket for a long long time so just wondering how the enforcement of licence change works.
Sounds like you fell into a similar trap…:persevere:

If its trivial they just ask for payment - got flashed a year ago - minor - no mention of licence

1 Like

They may or may not mention your licence… but if they don’t and it’s coming up to its “sell by date”… there is still a good reason to get a French one… Expiry is one of the acceptable reasons for the Nantes system…:zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Getting a point didn’t make any difference to us. I got a point, and no mention of changing licence for one point - they just wanted it paid. It is only for serious infractions that they demand that you change.

And still waiting to get licence exchanged…they haven’t sent the application back but it’s been many, many months since I sent it in.

(I need to qualify…I didn’t get a point, my OH did but since the car is mine it came to me…I’ve never had a driving fine in my life!)

Do you mean that you actually took the rap for OH’s infringement…?? :thinking:

It’s always worth having a few brownie points on the slate! And I can tease him about it for years to come.

(Apparently one can “sell” space on a clean licence for a reasonable amount…)