UK Election anyone?

Ultimately it depends on which is more important to you - whether you want to stop Brexit (of which there is a slim chance if Labour get in on a manifesto promise of a further referendum) or stop Corbyn.

As I have said before I struggle with this one - while I would like to stop Brexit and the Tories, I do not want to wind up with a Labour version of Brexit.

Given that, in my own constituency, Labour is the only party with a chance I would look at vote swapping - but a straight donation of my vote to Labour isn’t going to happen.

I do understand what you are saying but this election, as had been said before, is going to feature a lot of nose holding. There are clear advantages if one cares about society for a Labour Brexit over a Tory Brexit imho. Of course I think the best Brexit is no Brexit!!! I just hope the vote swapping sites or tactical voting leads to this.

And what if it is another hung parliament? Dreadful and yet still better than a Tory/Brexit Party Brexit as that will really redefine purgatory.

1 Like

I think that’s very likely. The whole thing is a farce.

They actually give separate voting patterns for the Lib Dems and the Greens and this should be a constituency where is there one pro brexit candidate.
That could change things totally.

Beware of this site Graham - it looks corrupt:

Best for Britain… suggested that voters should back the Lib Dems in Kensington, where the Labour MP Emma Dent Coad has a majority of just 20 against her Tory opponent. The Lib Dems received just 4,724 votes there in 2017 compared with 16,313 for the Tories and 16,333 for Labour.
Likewise in Cities of London and Westminster, the website recommends voting Lib Dem, where the candidate got just 4,270 in 2017, compared with 18,005 for the successful Tory incumbent and 14,857 for Labour.
Both seats have high-profile Lib Dem defectors standing, with former Tory Sam Gyimah in Kensington and former Labour MP Chuka Umunna in Cities of London and Westminster.
Tests of the website suggested there were many examples of advice to vote Lib Dem in seats where there was little hope of victory and a vote for Jo Swinson’s party would be likely to lead to a win for the Tories.

1 Like

Personally, I fear the experience of this election will be like listening to your neighbours having a furious row about brexit in the living room, not noticing that climate/ecological breakdown has set fire to the garden, and their house is about to burn down…

3 Likes

:+1:

Absolutely true, well, add to that not realising that - because of Brexit - there’s no money for a Fire Brigade any longer.

I was wondering wether the main reason for sticking rigidly to the 31 october dead-inaditch-line could have been Boris’s friends setting their options (banking on a sudden collapse of the stock exchange and the pound sterling) to expire on this date. I don’t know exactly how it works, but I believe put options need to be sold/bought at a predefined day.

Its possible but hard to tell.

The Lib Dems, Greens and Plaid have announced an electoral pact in 60 constituencies, so perhaps we will be one of them.

I hope they do - at the moment the announcement is more about the intent than an actual list of constituencies.

1 Like

You can register on line with most, if not all, constituencies. If you have scanning abilities -( most multi-tasking printers can do this), you can get the forms emailed to you, print, fill in, scan and email back within the hour.

Vote, even if you are totally peed off with the whole business.

I have never voted tory in my life and have no intention of starting now.

They don’t like it up 'em…

That is only for Registration though.
All ballot papers have to be posted and there is now the additional worry of a national postal strike some time before Christmas.

On my previous post about the ‘Best for Britain’ website being corrupt - it has been tested again including on my own constituency, and it recommended voting LibDem even though Labour were second to the Tories last time. I then tested the alternative https://tacticalvote.co.uk/ site and it came back with what I believe is the truth: it’s not possible to make a recommendation unless clear polling information emerges in due course.
So if you’re inclined to vote tactically and want accurate advice, use the more objective https://tacticalvote.co.uk/ site.

1 Like

1 Like