My first post here and I’d just like to say how pleased I am to find this amazing resource.
We arrived in France in October 2020 and intend to become residents, just waiting like most people for news of our CdS.
I have a UK reg car and my original plan was to take it back to UK, sell it there, return to France and buy a car here. I don’t want to do this until I know for sure that we are bona fide residents, in case for some reason the authorities decide to turn down our applications and we have to return to the UK. I am British but my wife is a 3rd country national hence the uncertainty.
I believe I can drive the vehicle for 6 months in France before I have to register it here so I now have 2 months to make a plan.
Is there any way I can do a temporary registration or something similar in France to buy me more time so that I still have the option of taking it back to the UK to sell once we are confirmed residents here? If the 6 months is up and I still don’t have my CdS will I still have to register the car here even though I am not a French resident?
Any suggestions welcome!