UK urges EU countries to ensure Britons living abroad can stay after Brexit

“UK nationals living in the EU must be able to rely on the rights the withdrawal agreement gives them, just as EU nationals living in the UK can.”

This article is worth reading. It isn’t Project Fear but a campaign being run by the UK government in belated hopes of protecting UK citizens in the EU27.

Given that France has deferred giving us rights to reside and work it seems that the UK is not the only country running a “hostile environment”. But why should that be a surprise for those of us thathave been campaigning to protect UK cotizens rights in EU27 countries?>

That is so not true. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Grahame’s post does not seem to link an article.

It seems to be about making sure Brits living in the EU know how to apply for residency, rather than increasing their rights per se.

1 Like

Good grief Grahame please would you change the record. You have made the same point a million times and your posts are becoming tedious. The villain here is the UK not France, France is bending over backwards to be fair to British people living in France.
And you already have the right to reside and work in France. As @graham, myself and others have pointed out hundreds of times YOU HAVE A BRITISH PASSPORT and that is all the documentation you currently need.
I give up. I won’t respond to you again.
Izzy x

7 Likes

If the UK govt really is spending multimillions of pounds… for heaven’s sake let it be on something solid and for the genuine good… NOT this stupid attention-seeking nonsense.

I’m so sad for my family left in UK… having to put up with such a rubbish government. :slightly_frowning_face:

7 Likes

actually… I’ve read the article twice now… and for the life of me… I can’t see why UK is spending any money on telling EU countries what to do… the article goes on about all the things which are in place already… :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

the UK which can’t organize a whatzit in a brewery… is trying to tell EU what to do for British subjects … having a laugh aren’t they… surely… :joy: :joy: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Just to jog your genteel and ladylike memory for future reference @Stella, the word you are looking for is a warm, clear, fragrant and harmless straw coloured liquid called piss (up in the brewery). :joy:.

Now tell me to whatzit off! :hugs:

1 Like

What with Covid, hygiene, health and safety, licensing requirements for serving alcohol, and security regulations these days it could actually be quite complicated to organise a piss-up in a brewery? Don’t mock the poor dears…they know no better.

Graham,

That is “so true” to use your phraseology.

France has once again deferred granting us documentation proving our rights. This time under cover of “Covid-219 delays” which is complete rubbish as they could have granted us documentary proof of our rights even before 2016 but they chose not to.

Unless, you can prove that France will grant us documentary evidence of our rights on demand during the past 4 years.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

Grahame…

we did have rights to reside and work…

we still have rights to reside and work…

:wink: :relaxed: :relaxed: :relaxed:

2 Likes

Isn’t this really about Grahame’s wife and son struggling to find work within their area of expertise rather than anything else? All four of our kids have changed jobs since the Brexit decision and without exception none of them experienced any issues regarding nationality or residency status when applying.

@graham I rather suspect you were directing your post to @anon65742194

I think you’re right @tim17

and I can’t figure out what on earth they are trying to do… that is giving such difficulties…

but whatever… in the main… for Brits here and now… there is no problem… we know what is going on and we know where we stand… and we know all will be well… eventually. :slight_smile: France has put our minds at rest… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

How many people does it take to tell you before you believe it?
Assuming you are a British citizen and hold a British Passport YOU ALREADY HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE EU.
Those rights EXTEND UNTIL 1st July 2021.
Don’t believe me?

https://brexit.gouv.fr/sites/brexit/accueil/vous-etes-britannique-en/droit-au-sejour-en.html?fbclid=IwAR3IJVpSbkTkWnaeYIgAJLBFX4ubaAoYqaRXqAjEq41gjvk152HAJ2DsLmU
All these references from different sources show YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN AND WORK IN FRANCE SO APPLY FOR A CdS WHEN THE MOMENT ARRIVES :roll_eyes:
In the meantime, take a long deep breath, a walk in the fresh air AND believe what you are being told here! ffs

2 Likes

Paul,

It linked to this Guardian article (which appeared when I opened your email) UK urges EU countries to ensure Britons living abroad can stay after Brexit

Grahame.

Grahame Pigney

1 Like

Irene,

Not my record.

British In Europe (BiE), Remain In France Together (RIFT) and the UK government are all saying the same thing.

I don’t invent this information, check out the Guardian article UK urges EU countries to ensure Britons living abroad can stay after Brexit

If you don’t believe what the Guardian says check out what British in Europe has to say!

Grahame Pigney

Ah, but it didn’t, and still doesn’t - which was the point.

Irene,

So are you just bored with the facts or do you think I am lying about what is happening?

Grahame Pigney

I don’t know what filter you have activated when you read some of these articles Grahame, but I certainly don’t get the same impression as you do. All the Guardian article is saying to me is that there are still a lot of ignorant ex UK nationals living in the EU who need to understand what they need to do.

7 Likes

I don’t think anyone here is going to print your messages!

Save bandwidth - please don’t send irrelevant data.

8 Likes