UKIP supporters call for the murder of Gina Miller

Can you believe this crap? Utterly astonishing.

They should be prosecuted, simple

3 Likes

Simple unbelievableā€¦ What total idiots. Agreed, should be followed up and prosecuted.

3 Likes

Mentally challenged poor dearsā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m not at all surprised at thisā€¦judging by the level of anger, outrage and disbelief, registered in the comments columns in the Daily Mail. Make no mistake if Brexit doesnā€™t happen, people will be taking to the streets and who can tell what may happen in a riot situation ?

3 Likes

Iā€™m not surprised either, just ashamed and horrified, but unlike you I donā€™t accept that it acceptable. Thank God some people have got the guts to stand up for common sense and the need to follow the law.

3 Likes

Horrendous response.
Do people still read the Daily Mail?

3 Likes

I used to read it daily on my iPad - until I realised that it wouldnā€™t flush down the loo easilyā€¦

5 Likes

Well, each to his own, but if you donā€™t you are in the minorityā€¦

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/nrs-daily-mail-most-popular-uk-newspaper-print-and-online-23m-readers-month/

1 Like

Truly scary!! An immigrant hating newspaper read by immigrants in France - work that one out!!!???

I think my grandmother used to read it when it was a broadsheet! She was never quite the same after we pulled out of India - bless her!! :slight_smile: I thought things had moved on - apparently notā€¦

5 Likes

There is I am sure you know, much more to this action than either the rule of law (which is in dispute, hence the whole thing going to be looked at again by the Supreme court) and ā€˜Common senseā€™ā€¦itā€™s the ā€˜frontā€™ of a group of elite liberals (all overpaid and arrogant) who seek to derail the result of the democratic vote of the people, by dragging things out as long as possible and by insisting that every last aspect is debated before any kind of deal is able to be struck, thereby scuppering our chances of getting the best deal possible. It is right that after a proposed deal or deals are struck, that parliament has a vote, but not before, as there will be an element of the poker game about the negotiations and we should not make the mistake of showing our hand.

4 Likes

Iā€™d be very surprised if anyone takes to the streets. Your average leave voter is fairly similar to your good self Hilary and I honestly canā€™t see you rushing to throw a Molotov cocktail through the window of the nearest Starbucks. Obviously I could have you completely wrong! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s better read online as I do from time to time (along with other online rags)ā€¦then you would be able to see the comment columns below the articles and would realise that the majority of the readers are not geriatrics or racists, but are very frustrated with the hypocrisy of certain politicians (particularly the labour ones who donā€™t want Grammar schools reintroduced, yet wonā€™t use the local Comp, for their little dears and opt to send them to top fee paying schools, bless them.) ā€¦and of course the ones who have lied about their expenses, claim everything under the sun and award themselves astronomical pay rises (which however are chicken feed when compared to MEPā€™s pay). when the ordinary working Brit has had pay increases severely limited and/or undercut because excessive and uncontrolled numbers of immigrants from wherever (who often share accommodation so they can send money home and who donā€™t have mortgages to pay or the same kind of living costs to do with having a family to keep, or a business to run in the UK)ā€¦putting incredible strain on schools, hospitals and housingā€¦etcā€¦Not forgetting the out of touch members of the judiciaryā€¦whoā€™s lifestyle and level of remuneration means they inhabit the rarefied atmosphere of the almost Super-richā€¦(not quite up there with the ā€˜Starsā€™ and definitely below that of Hedge Fund Managers)ā€¦who I should think when they deign to attend Labour party gatherings, risk being torn ā€˜limb from limbā€™ by the genuine lefties (or perhaps they are too ā€˜in awe of themā€™ to do anything like thatā€¦that would take real guts and integrity, which you wont find much of there)ā€¦ also the Highly Educated Judiciary who very often very much do not inhabit the polluted atmosphere of us ā€˜plebsā€™ ā€¦('Who exactly are The Beatles ?)ā€¦and by virtue of their education, academic intelligence, and the general sense of entitlement and superiority that goes with the job (this by the way applies as much to politicians , even if they have never had an ordinary job and whether or not they have any academic qualifications to speak of )ā€¦discount the down-right basic knowledge and common sense,of us commoners, who in their view,just donā€™t have the mental capacity to carry out the necessary research, weigh up the ā€˜pros & consā€™ and realise that they have been conned into being part of something that they didnā€™t have the chance to vote for and has reduced our capacity to make our own rules and make independent choices that( although some good things have come from being a member)ā€¦is undemocratic and is on a course to ever closer (throat throttling), unionā€¦and being manipulated by the big corporations, behind the scenes.We of course donā€™t have the mental capacity to see that we are trapped in a very expensive, out of date Paternalistic ā€˜pipe dreamā€™ā€¦.Amazing really, what have these Daily Mail readers got to complain about ? Beats meā€¦but they have had enough of the lazy attitude or fear which sets the path of ā€˜Deary me, Oh er ! Letā€™s not rock the boat !ā€™

2 Likes

Should be fantastically amusing when Brexit falls though! The deluded Brexiteers will be absolutely foaming at the mouth like rabid dogs in their collective rage! Will be loads of opportunities to to remind them how deluded and stupid they have been and to wind them up until they self combust. Now Corbyn has said that Labour wonā€™t support Brexit unless the single market is maintained, then any Brexit that does happen (highly unlikely) will have to be a soft Brexit with no control of the free movement of people. How galling is that going to be for the Brexiteers? Should be a very entertaining few months

1 Like

Not sure about entertaining Paul (I am not a masochist), but it is likely that if the Supreme court doesnā€™t reverse the judgement, then there will be a general election, so it will be interestingā€¦ā€¦
Retaining the single market (which we donā€™t need) for the EU, means accepting free movement which the UK doesnā€™t wantā€¦therefore stale mate and the likelihood of a General Election which I donā€™t think Remainers would win.
.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/13/not-only-can-britain-can-leave-the-eu-and-have-access-to-the-sin/

3 Likes

Ah Catherine, you wonā€™t catch me out that wayā€¦

Now where did I put that paraquat ?..

If the Supreme Court doesnā€™t reverse the High Court decision, perhaps Gina Miller will take it to the European Court of Justice?

On the other hand, if the SC does uphold the lower Courtā€™s decision, will TM take it to the ECJ? How exciting would that be?

And we thereby enter the scary world of the typical Daily Mail reader. Just as well you donā€™t live in the UK Hilary - it sounds horrific - best you steer well clear! Things must be sooooo much better for you here in France. I only hope youā€™re not rounded up and chucked out of France post brexit :wink:

Hi Hilary. When you state that you UK doesnā€™t want freedom of movement are you referring to the result of a non legally binding advisory referendum? Only 17 million voted for Brexit and the UK population is north of 64 million, hardly a mandate for change?

As for the ā€œremainersā€ not winning a possible election, is that a new party, if so I have never heard of them??? Plenty of remainers within the Tory ranks, methinks! An independent Britain in the world of such uncertainty (climate change, war, terrorism, dwindling resources, population expansion etc, etc) is a recipe for catastrophe. The UK cannot even run a properly functioning health service or transport network for example!! How the hell would it function without the massive support of our friends and allies in Europe?

5 Likes

How people can come on a Survive France forum and defend the hateful, racist, homophobic, bitter and twisted bile that is printed in the Daily Mail is totally beyond me???

Posting a link to show how popular it is only confirms my long held belief that the UK is full of thick, deluded, hate-filled racists!! Swivel eyed loons is another term for them! The Mail is as bad as the Sun, The Telegraph and the Express. All rags that spout hate filled, right wing nonsense aimed squarely at said swivel eyed loons!!

I wouldnā€™t wipe my arse with any of those rags.

5 Likes