Under sink water filters

OK please do not shoot the questionner. We are thinking of putting in a good under sink water filter system. Now in the first place we drink a shed load of water here and my husband has his darjeeling and other hot drinks black and our water supply is rather chlorinated to say the least. I have tried to read up on TDS (Total Dissolvable Solids) - I loathe nomenclatures - it is like a club I do not belong to. On whether such systems can get rid of the taste and smell of chlorine and so on - I have read reviews and am quite frankly no further forward and even more confused than when I started. I am trying to cut down on the amount of plastic we ship around my house and the decheterrie as we only drink bottled water due to the foul taste of ours - it may be clean but God it is ugly tasting. Can anyone point me in the right direction with regards to reviews and information on such systems please. Thank you.

We too.
With a kidney problem (amongst others) I am told to drink not less than 1½ lts of water a day (2 in the summer) and whilst our water is good, it always seems highly chlorinated.
So, in order to dispense with carry/storing humongous numbers of plastic 1½ ltr bottles from the supermarket and then disposing of the empties in the yellow sacs every 2 weeks, we decided to buy these from Brita:
https://www.brita.fr/fill-and-serve
We have two. One with a pink top (for SWMBO) and a blue one pour moi obtained from France. The replacement filters we can either get delivered from France by Brita or just about the same cost (or cheaper) from LeClerc.
Really pleased with them :heavy_check_mark:

Plenty of retail outlets sell reverse osmosis and charcoal filter systems. They will remove just about everything from the water.

Strictly speaking reverse osmosis filters remove the water from everything :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have had a reverse osmosis filter system for fourteen years in my current house and had one for several years before that in another property (we had only well water that was a little on the high side in nitrates). The system is brilliant and removes any nasty chemicals so the water tastes pure and therefore excellent for making tea. We buy our replacement filter cartridges online for convenience put I believe most large brico places now sell them.

1 Like