Untested 5G to be used on Glastonbury attendees

this is correct Stella.
All radio waves are electromagnetic waves and have some inherrant danger.
however if the power is low and if the frequency remains below a certain level, our bodies are able to cope. (Children less well). So it makes sence to just be a little careful. Things like not siting your baby’s cot next to your router - or switching off your router at night are all good advice - as is not placing transmission mast at schools. All good safe practice.
We should ask questions when a technology like 5G is rolled out very fast without any consultation. We should ask why they are pushing a technology which requires the cutting down of trees and antennas every few metres. Who is demanding this ?
Who is going to benefit?

1 Like

a good start Ann. Did Alexa tell you how to do it?

Surprisingly Geoff I thought it all up by myself. Always was good at D.I.Y :wink:

1 Like

Hope you never stood too close to the microwave Chris, you know what that was supposed to do to men’s virility :innocent::dizzy_face:

Talking of balls…:wink:

1 Like

More accurate to say that it can operate above 25GHz - however current deployment will concentrate on the sub 6GHz bands 5G NR frequency bands - Wikipedia - in fact, mostly sub 3GHz.

As for ADS; yes, sounds pretty unpleasant but not really  part of this discussion (and I’ll bet can easily be blocked; the tin foil hat (or, more likely suit) brigade will be vindicated at last :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: )

OK, fair enough - it’s just that scanning the list of claims I have a gut feeling it will only just barely make interesting and probably fall a long way short of disturbing.

Pfffff - topic muted :roll_eyes:

Wow! I think you get a badge for a declared mute - Bravo! Simon. l think l will do the same as it’s all going over my tin-foil helmeted head.

1 Like

muted, or burying head in sand. Is there a difference?

1 Like

Simon just likes to let everyone know he’s bored with a topic and that we should move on… - (Pffff or ffs are his default signals of malcontent)

My response was an attempt at humour - obviously a poor one at that.

2 Likes

Huge one - I have important things going on in my life. You @geoff_faulkner don’t get to choose what I care about - you’re not even on the list.

Anyway - I quite like 5G (5th Generation) - not bad, catchy little ditty…not sure if they’ll be at Glastonbury but hey…

The “mute” option is available to all forum members…

I have used it on several occasions… Depending on the subject I’m muting… it brings relief to my soul… or it helps keep me sane…

Mute… Mute… and thrice … Mute… :rofl::face_with_hand_over_mouth::laughing::grin:

1 Like

The Prince Philip killed Diana - we all know that!

2 Likes

Can we keep this polite please?

Actually, I don’t know why I added a question mark as not really a request…

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a button that has a hand covering the mouth ?
I ask because sometimes it’s so hard not to respond, is there a mute button or is it that one has to have the willpower not to carry on ? :thinking::dizzy_face:

1 Like

:speak_no_evil::speak_no_evil::speak_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

:hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Serious question… apart from Glastonbury… is there another outdoor music festival in UK… a friend used to the the lighting for one site … but I’m not sure whether or not it was G’bury…

Too many to mention really. IOW, Reading, Leeds and more.

Nope… I reckon it must have been G’bury… :thinking: but well before 5G… so that can’t be the reason he is a little eccentric… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Going to Glastonbury won’t make folks eccentric Stella…these days they’re all hipsters.
In my day, it was all sex, mud & rock & roll…mostly mud, truth be told.
As for conspiracy theories…there’s loads of 5 G stuff on FB at present.
I tend to let folks express themselves as they wish, because we all think / believe different things.
For example, I find it easy to believe that Liz & Phil would have done for Di, as she became a liability…but my views change nothing.
Think what you think ; believe what you believe…it’s what makes the world go round.

1 Like