Users Map feature and how to opt-in

Wozza is somewhere on the edge of Paris I believe…and there are many people who are less regular visitors…

Where you can input your location, it does not recognise my location, then it tells me to try later?

@james - the take up on the map seems to be going well - there are now loads of us on there.

There also appears to certainly be clusters of us which is interesting - does this conform to stereotypes that “they all stick together”!

1 Like

And it’s pretty well hidden, I wonder if we should have a more prominent link to the map to encourage take up

1 Like

Confused…com here, I was on the map as seen in the first picture but have now disappeared.
I go and add myself in preferences and click on my location plus save, shows saved and go and look at the map but not showing again.
I go back into preferences and it is blank again and repeat with no effect.

I see the problem, but currently don’t know how to fix it. I’ll look in to it when I have some time!

Thanks James.

I’m still on there!

I didn’t realise you were so close @Mat_Davies I think the picture of you skiing made me think you were near the Pyrannees :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If only, but we are only a couple of hours away so can enjoy the snow at short notice!

Really is it that quick? How long does it take you to get to Montpon (then I can add that plus how long it takes me to get there!).

We were in Montpon about an hour ago!

From our house about 20 minutes to Montpon, from the gite it is about 10 minutes.

That makes sence, I though you must be under an hour, I think I can do Montpon in 1/2 hour or so.

13461 users but only 49 on the map, how come? :thinking:

It’s not very obvious or people are not keen on advertising their location?

2 Likes

Quite!

James & Old Man look like brothers :nerd_face:

1 Like

The map locator is hardly offering exact satellite navigation co ordinates, merely a village or town location, seemed like a great opportunity to see who’s in your local area.

Not to worry :grinning:

1 Like

@Fran24 :rofl: :grin: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

That’s how I view it - my location is very approximate in any case as I used the nearest sizeable town…

Added: Looking at it, I see you are not that far from me @Grumpy_OldMan !

1 Like