Users Map feature and how to opt-in

https://www.survivefrance.com/locations/users_map

I’ve added a shortcut to the users map, it is located at the bottom right of the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines at the top right)

Adding yourself to the (opt-in) map is done in your profile preferences page which you get to by clicking on your avatar and then - preferences - profile - map location

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 09.34.50

Whilst I have set my location in the profile preferences page (and saved it), it doesn’t seem to be persistent on the profile preferences page as shown below

but I am shown on the map (so that bit works).

This could f course confuse the hell out of some :wink:

Weird, not showing up on my hamburger menu

This is how you should see it @toryroo

The graphic used by @james in this thread is the dark theme and also the Admin one…

Not quite @graham it should look like this with zero Unread!:

2 Likes

You obviously have more time on your hands to read through them all than me @Mat_Davies :wink:

2 Likes

Do a hard refresh, if the page was already loaded it would not reflect the change I made

1 Like

That fixed it - thanks, should have thought of that!

1 Like

Still doesn’t work for me I’m afraid

Are you still using that pc with the winding handle on the side Peter?

1 Like

Not quite Graham, sussed it now thanks to you. There I am, just below Andrew, I know my place…

2 Likes

I do try @Peter_Bird
(or is it that I’m very trying…) :smile:

1 Like

STILL no one north of me…

1 Like

Or anyone near me…

2 Likes

Now that @captainendeavour is on there, I am no longer alone :smiley:

And another famus Norman - today is the 190th b/d of M. Poubelle, born in Caen, according to Google. I’d rather have a rubbish bin named after me and experience using it than M. Guillotine and his invention …

Yes indeed :smiley:

@Lily is even closer to me than I thought she was!

1 Like

Nobody in Paris or Up North?

I was the furthest north until @captainendeavour stepped in but I am sure there is one person at least in Pas-de-Calais (from SF I mean)