Users Map feature and how to opt-in

@AngelaR Not too far from you, I might quickly relocate though to nearest sizeable town :smirk: Like I said i see it as a nice feature which is under utilized.

3 Likes

I certainly find it handy because, when people are talking about resources in their area or gardens or weather or anything like that, it is handy to know if they are “down south” as most of the users seem to be, or in the frozen north as we are :smiley:

1 Like

funny that… @strudball was only telling me this morning how hot it it is up there :wink:

When you are used to living where we are, any rise in temperature feels hot :rofl:

1 Like

And as soon as it stops raining its a drought :joy:(and we’re seriously considering relocating there soon)

1 Like

More rain coming today though @Mark so no veg patch watering tonight wayhey :smiley:

Actually, even with the climate getting more extreme, it’s still lovely here. I wouldn’t swap it at all!

1 Like

Entered our post code and hasn’t workers…do you have to put in adress and what detail is actually shown.

Think you just move the “pin”

You may have to close SF and reopen it to see it I’m not sure. Can you see mine, just above you? That will give you an idea of what can be seen…

Looking at it again, I think I enetered a postcode in Map Location in Preferences/Profile but it doesn’t now appear in there. I am on the map though :thinking:

Don’t forget to scroll to the bottom and click on Save Changes…

It does not always work as James found a problem with it, I was on the map, but disappeared and it will not let me re enter into it.

Every time I try and enter details, post code or town name I get

You’ve performed this action too many times. Please wait 46 seconds before trying again.

Ah yes I remember getting that at first too. It was a pain so I left it and had another go the following day I think and it worked…

why 46 seconds and not 45?

Why not? :rofl:

1 Like

@strudball I had this too but patience is a virtu, I found it gave me this message if I typed too quickly for the town / village locator, very slow :snail: typing was how managed to succeed.

Someone’s a Valentino Rossi fan.

1 Like

Probably 'cos it’s just too difficult to make it work…bit flaky, I get a different error message each time, so I’ll give it one last go later…pity really as quite nice to know roughly where members live, it can put context around a post.

1 Like

I’ve just tried again at risk of losing my already saved location. I’ve moved house twice in last ten minutes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Type slowly and you should be OK :grimacing: